Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chakotay2
    • Dec 2001

Menus in SVCD with Nero

I am trying to make a menu for a SVCD file I have created with TPMG when burnt with NERO 5.5.6. I have read several FAQ's on the issue and it burns okay, but when I play it, I get a black screen, no choices, no movie. I don't know what I am not doing/doing?!? Please help.

• jrobbo
    • Jan 2002

I get the same thing! I just tried this for the first time yesterday, and ended up with the same result. I'd be really interested if anyone can offer any insight into this

Regards

John

Comment

• ron
      • Nov 2001

Haven't tried 5.5.6.4 yet but had similar problem with 5.3.5 menus and found that if I reinstalled Nero just prior to using it to compile the SVCD then the menu worked perfectly. Even when I had problems, although the menu wouldn't pop up upon hitting the play button in the DVD, if you hit the # key corresponding to the particular movie it plays nicely!

Hope that helps,

Comment

• ron
        • Nov 2001

By now I've tried 6.4 AND 7.2. Its seems with Nero its one step forward two steps backward. Same problem made worse. Menu's don't show up until after the last clip and now there are horizontal lines running through the thumbnails!!!

Please anyone know of a way to burn Tmpgenc SVCD's to CD-r with Menu capabilities?

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

• VOlk
          • Jan 2002

You can try I-Author soft (if I remember it right). I saw some old version, and I got right result with that soft.
          Also check that link where you can find guides on how to make Chapters for SVCD http://www.davetech.org/mpg/svcd-guides.htm

Comment

• ron
            • Nov 2001

Thanks for your thoughts. I prefer to try to perfect something I've had success with and spent time learning. The I-author route seems like its a lot more complex and then you have the issue of going to all that trouble perhaps to find it may not work in my player. Again, has ANYONE using NTSC burned an SVCD using Nero with thumbnail menus?

Comment

Working...