Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NDeh_is1
    • Oct 2002

XVID burning weird!

Ok people I'm back with another problem. Here it is. I burned a xvid movie with tmpgenc and plays weird. What I mean is that it has freezes on the dvd player. Just slight freezes that make the pic move on you a little that makes you dizzy. Is there anything else other than tmpgenc that converts xvid to mpeg1 with all the different settings? After I convert the file it plays fine on my comp but not on the dvd player. I use Nero to burn it on a vcd. I might try vcd easy but I can't figure it out. Any info would be appreciated. Oh yeah, all other files (like div 3s and 4s) convert and play fine on my dvd player.

• sneglen
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Oct 2002

Try and check the framerate in VDub (http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...irtualdub.html). open the file and press "video-->framerate" to see which framerate it uses, and make sure you select the correct one in TMPEnc, otherwise it wil be choppy when played back.

If this not work you should try and frameserver the file from VDub

Just go to VDub's folder run "Auxsetup.exe" press "install handler button" restart and open the file in VDub

Press "File-->Start FrameServer" press "Start" select the place where to save the frameserver file and press "Save" but remember to name the file "something.VDR" the vdr is very importent otherwise it will not work.

open the "somthing.vdr" in TMPEnc and try again, this should help you.

You might want to try makeing a small bit and thenburn it on a REwriteable CD just to check

If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Does the resulting vcd (created in TMPGENc) playback properly on your PC?

Alternatively, you can use the divx 5 decoder to playback xvid files, this may be of use. To do this, download the avi4cc changer and change the fourcc codec used/description to dx50

Comment

• NDeh_is1
        • Oct 2002

working better

I tried Vdub and it wouldn't work for me kept telling me I had a hacked angel potion thing and the dll's wouldn't work in Vdub so I tried the avi fourcc changer. The changer worked and now I can watch the movie without getting dizzy! I changed the avi code to dx50. Thanks for the help.

now that I have 31 posts am I out of this vcd phase?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"I tried Vdub and it wouldn't work for me kept telling me I had a hacked angel potion thing"

The Angel Potion codec is a hack of the DivX v.3.11alpha codec. Why did your initial post state, "I burned a xvid movie with tmpgenc"?

Presenting misinformation makes it that much more difficult to help you resolve your dilemma...

Comment

• NDeh_is1
            • Oct 2002

"Presenting misinformation makes it that much more difficult to help you resolve your dilemma..." What did you mean by that? Well let me just lay it all out for ya cause I'm confused now.
            1. I opened the movie with Gspot and it told me the used was xvid.
            2. Opened TMPGenc to convert it to mpeg.
            3. Burned with Nero.
            with all that the movie had slight freezes that made you dizzy just watching it.
            Then I dl'ed VDub and it told me that stuff about Angel Potion. On top of that it wouldn't do the install hanlder dll's and I tried all three options that I found. That's where I tried the avi fourcc changer and changed the XVID to dx50. And I did the 1,2,3 thing again but this time with dx50 and the movie played great on my dvd player. So I'm wondering where I had the misinfo with the vdub?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

I guess the lingering question is, was it originally the Angel potion codec or was it the Xvid codec?

Comment

Working...