Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sephiroth
    • Feb 2003

SVCD bad packet... HELP!!

Hello. I am having trouble burning my two towers SVCD. It is 803mb big and burning it went well but when I watched it, the last minute of the film where totally messed up. I then cut my SVCD file with "Easy Video Splitter". Now it fits, but when I add it in VCD Easy (I use that program, because I like to add chapters to my SVCDs) it says the file has bad packets at packet #192000 or something like that, and that the rest of the film will be ignored. So basically it doesn't accept the movie. How can I fix this packet fault? Anybody knows? please!

thanx
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Cutting with TMPGenc may be a better option. Check out the editing guides at dvdrhelp.com

Secondly, the problem you describe "last minute of the film where totally messed up" could be due to the media you used and/or the burning speed. Try burning at a lower speed and using higher quality media (I have had great success with verbatim media).

Comment

• Sephiroth
      • Feb 2003

thanx for the tip. I will try other media and lower speed, although the speed was just 8x. I first tried to cut the film with TMPEG and it went well exept for the fact that the last 10 seconds of my new file missed audio. But my real problem is that since I was able to watch the movie with "bad packet" on my PC I deleted the original file. So please can anyone tell me how to fix these bad packets?

thanx

Comment

• thePest
        • Feb 2003

Hello "Sephiroth"

First off, LOWER YOUR BURN SPEED! to 8x?

Second choice. Make a new Mpeg2 file! Takes a little time but this works.

Image the Dat to the HD. open Mpegav/Mpeg2 file drag and drop the avseq01 to the desktop. Or you may want to make a NEW file? I call mine "Mpeg fixed" So when you look for it. You don't have to go c:/windows/desktop all the time.

Open VCDeasy and the mpeg conversion from Dat > Mpeg under "Tools" then "Mpeg Tools" file above {cdxa2mpeg.}
        You must name the file then hit "Convert"

Load your New Mpeg into the (S)VCD page "Main" I normaly rename the "Bin Ourput File" instead of the default "videocd.bin" I name the file "blah...blah.bin"
        Then go to your chapters section and pick your mins as your are familar with.

Total time is under 20 min.

Note: Everytime you make a new file you will using up 804mb. So leave enough room for doing 2 files as you go along. Then you can delete the old.
        Last edited by thePest; 7 Feb 2003, 03:48 AM.
        A Pest can be anything, Water, Animal, pollution, even a plant. A junk yard dog getting into your Garbage can be a Pest!

Comment

• Sephiroth
          • Feb 2003

Thanx a lot. I was also thinking about making a new MPEG2 file.
          Just one more question. Should I be able to burn an 803mb file on a normal 80min CD? Does it depend on the burner/media?
          thanx for all the help!

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

You should face no problem in burning an 803 mb svcd file (provided that is is less than 80 minutes in length) on a standard 700 mb/80 min cd-r/rw.

Comment

• Sephiroth
              • Feb 2003

Okay thanx. It's 79:37 in length. I'll try it then! Thanx for the help everyone!

Comment

Working...