X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tonie
    • Feb 2003

playback problem w. bin/cue

Hi!

I have a very annoying problem. I´m burning a SVCD i Nero and then when I try to play the movie on my standalone DVD player the picture is jumping. I´m only having this problem when I´m burning bin/cue files not mpegs. I have tried to use WinIso on the bin file but that didn´t help. I have also tried burning at 2x speed but didn´t help either. I have checked the cue files in wordpad and it looks good to me.

Anyone who got some good tips on how to fix this.
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Is the .bin file at maximum capacity (~809MB)? Nero sometimes has problems with burning cd-r's when it comes to burning them to the max, without overburning. You can try opening the bin/cue with Daemon Tools (you can open up the file on a virtual cd-rom drive without having to burn it) or you can try another excellent cd burner, CDRwin.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• thePest
      • Feb 2003

Welcome "Tonie"

Nero doesn't fair well with Bin/cues all the time.

Go get VCDeasy. Has always made 100% compliant copies!!! It's freeware at this time.

or

My backup is: Use VCDgear. Make the Cue/bin > Dat. NOT MPEG Mpeg conversions drop frames. Trust me! Open up a program like Nero w/o the wizard. Scroll on the left until you see the SVCD icon click "New" in the upper right

You then can load the Dat into Nero {the only empty box with nothing in it.} Be sure to set it for over burn {File/pref..} You should get a confirmation line ===== that takes about 3-5min. Once done, this should burn out as 100% SVCD also. If it flashes it's not compliant.

May need to close all programs and use under 8x.
      Last edited by thePest; 18 Feb 2003, 04:56 AM.
      A Pest can be anything, Water, Animal, pollution, even a plant. A junk yard dog getting into your Garbage can be a Pest!

Comment

• Tonie
        • Feb 2003

Hi,

Thanks for your help unfourtnatly I still have the same problem. I´ve tried mounting the file in Daemon Tools but that diden´t help, it plays fine on my computer but the picture is still jumping on my DVD-player. I´ve tried burnig with both CloneCD and Nero that diden´t help. I´ve used VCDgear and made a DAT file but that diden´t help either. The files I´ve tried to burn are between 800 and 805mb. My DVD player is a Pioneer DV-350 if that makes any difference.

If you have any new suggestions please let me know.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
          • Nov 2002

Since it jitters on your dvd player, it might be that the player isnt fully compatible with the media, or it has problems reading SVCD's.

Check out www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers to see what people have to say about your dvd.
          Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
          http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
          http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Tonie
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by gd_nimrod
            Since it jitters on your dvd player, it might be that the player isnt fully compatible with the media, or it has problems reading SVCD's.

Check out www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers to see what people have to say about your dvd.
            I´ve checked my player on that site and it got great reviews (8,7 out of 10, I belive). I have also read a lot of webforums and they all recommend Pioneer players to get good SVCD compability.

I´ve been using Memorex cdr´s, I will try some Maxell when I get home from work. But I don´t think that will make any difference since this problem only occur when I try to burn bin/cue.

I also see that alot of people have read this tread so I would imagine that there are more people than me who have similar problems. If anyone have any suggestions please post them.

Comment

• Tonie
              • Feb 2003

This is how my problem looks:
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tonie
                • Feb 2003

pic 2
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...