Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude2003
    • Mar 2003

How do I copy a svcd ?

I am new to this, so please be kind. I want to learn about svcd. i have a movie (my child's birth, i paid walgreens 29.99 and still had to wait 15 days for the converson from 8mm) I would like to make a copy. but i dont have a dvd burner, nor the 700.00 to buy one.my computer does have a dvd player, a cdr w drive . what can i do? thank you
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull****. I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

since you have 2 drives, this will be easier. I believe that this will work, because nero is only going to burn a vcd (not encode with tmpgenc)... Put your svcd in your dvd drive and a blank cdr in your cdrw drive. open nero and go to the copy cd selection and just copy the cd.

Or you can go to the normal cd drag and drop box and drag everything from drive dvd to drive cdrw...
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• alcskid
      Movie Lovers
      • Jan 2003

If you want just a Copy of SVCD disc, it's simple. Just use Nero and select CD-Copy option !

If you want to convert SVCD to VCD, then I suggest you to use FlaskMPEG instead of TMPGEnc (Need special plug in to do SVCD stuff). Cause FlaskMPEG was definitely can read MPEG2 format that being used as a standar SVCD video codec.

http://www.flaskmpeg.net/ (It's FREEWARE !)
      ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

what is this special plugin for tmpg? actually tmpg is great when it comes to encoding vcd/svcd/dvd... besides the 30 mpeg-2 trial.

I'm not sure that it will burn if it is over 700 MB on a cd copy, but I have never done that before
        FFDShow filters

Comment

• chickeneater
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2002

you're welcome

hope that you keep your memories preserved in digital video
          FFDShow filters

Comment

• alcskid
            Movie Lovers
            • Jan 2003

Most of SVCD format file was more than 700MB, but after it's set with Nero (Choose SVCD format) will shrink automatically and will fit at 700MB Disc ! I had often did it !
            ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• chickeneater
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2002

yes, the goal was already been accomplished, and it worked!
              FFDShow filters

Comment

• Grand Wazoo
                • Feb 2003

divx-vcd

Hi guys
                You will have to forgive my ignorance but I was wondering what the difference is between VCD and SVCD. Also what software would i need in order to convert divx to vcd. Ive searched the forum but have mainly found posts on conversion to svcd not vcd.I would be grateful if any of you could lend a helping hand. Thanks so much

Comment

• gd_nimrod
                  • Nov 2002

Re: divx-vcd

Originally posted by Grand Wazoo
                  Hi guys
                  You will have to forgive my ignorance but I was wondering what the difference is between VCD and SVCD. Also what software would i need in order to convert divx to vcd. Ive searched the forum but have mainly found posts on conversion to svcd not vcd.I would be grateful if any of you could lend a helping hand. Thanks so much
                  You should have created a new thread for your topic, but anyway here goes:

SVCD's are basically of higher quality and resolution than vcd's.
                  The simplest and easiest program to convert your divx files to s/vcd's is TMPGenc.

If you have any more questions, start a new thread
                  Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
                  http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
                  http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Grand Wazoo
                    • Feb 2003

Thanks

Thank you so much for your reply.Once Ive downloaded TMPGenc, Im sure i will come across a few problems and I will then post a new thread. Im sorry i used the existing thread, but it was somewhat related to the question and I know how posting new threads is frowned upon in the forum. Thanks again

Comment

• gd_nimrod
                      • Nov 2002

"but it was somewhat related to the question and I know how posting new threads is frowned upon in the forum"

Its quite alright, and i think you were misinformed because making new threads which have revelant statements are not frowned up at all
                      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
                      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
                      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

Working...