X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goddess
    • Mar 2003

what is the best SVCD burning software

Greeting all

I have been using Nero to burn SVCD but it seem to cut off last 5 minute of the video, the file is only 780MB and I even have overburn enable up to 82 minute. I have try to use CDRWin but I got same result. it from an bin/cue files, I have extract the mpeg2 file using vcdgear and burn it with Nero and the SVCD cut of at the last 5 minute of the movieswhen view from the DVD or pc.

Thanks for any help,
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

What is the length (time) of the mpeg-2 file?

Is this problem unique to a particular file or does this occur with all (s)vcd's that you burn?

Do you mount the *.cue file in NERO?

Another option is to mount the *.cue file in Daemon Tools---creating a virtual dvd rom drive---you can then view the file in a software dvd player to see if there are any problems. Using NERO, you can do a direct cd-to-cd-r/rw copy.

Comment

• goddess
      • Mar 2003

Hi Batman,

the time length is 55minute, it happen to all SVCD that i burn with Nero or cdrwin. I'm not sure what u mean by mounting in Nero? I have try to extract the mpeg2 file from the cue/bin using vcdgear and was able to view all 55minute of the movies using windvd, i take that mpeg2 file then create a new Svcd session and select the mpeg2 file in and burn as VCD. As for cdrwin I burn using the cue and bin file. I have an 32x40x10 CDRW drive, nero 5.5x and cdrwin 4.0x

sorry i'm i sound confusing, i'm still new at this i been converting to divx but svcd is all new to me

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

You use NERO to first encode the SVCD to VCD?

TMPGEnc is better suited for vcd encoding. It is better to convert the svcd (mpeg-2 file) to a vcd complaint mpeg-1 file using TMPGenc and then burn in NERO.

You don't need to extract the file using vcdgear, if you want to view or burn it, just mount in Daemon Tools (as I mentioned in my previous post).

Comment

• goddess
          • Mar 2003

I'm sorry there was a typo, I was creating a SVCD session on Nero not VCD. after I extract the mpg2 file from the bin/cue then I watch it with windvd just to make sure there no poblem then I burn that mpg2 file in nero as SVCD no is no encding in the whole process. I j=used to select the bin/cue and burn from cdrwin but that cut off like 10 minute, while Nero cut off only 5 minute at the end of the movies. My DVD player is Mintek 2110, it came with SVCD support but i have to select it from the menu tree, it does not play like vcd or dvd disk.

Comment

Working...