Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max2000
    • Jan 2002

Low Quality VCD

I burned my mpeg movie into vcd using Nero 5 just to find that the picture quality is so low than the original mpeg. I'm using the Nero wizard for making the VCD.

Can anybody help me..?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

First convert your file into MPEG1-VideoCD format using TMPGEnc. Then, only use NERO to burn in VCD format.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Max2000
      • Jan 2002

I captured the movie directly to MPEG format using ASUS/AVI-IO captured programme...Does it mean, I need to capture to AVI format and later convert it to MPEG-1 using TMPGEnc before burn it using NERO 5....???

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

No, that shouldn't be necessary (although it might eventually prove to be an easier way for you to go.).

I think you've missed a subtle but extremely important point - there is a DIFFERENCE between simple "MPEG1" and "MPEG1-Video CD" format.

Comment

• Max2000
          • Jan 2002

Oooohhh....Now I understand.....I'll try your suggestion and will back to tell you how the output will looks like in term of quality...
          Anyway...thanks for you advice.

Comment

• Max2000
            • Jan 2002

Here's what I got......

This time I captured sattelite TV programme using cyberlink capruring software just for trial purpose for authoring vcd.
            The file format captured is mpeg and using TMPGEnc I encoded the file to MPEG-1 VCD without changing any setting(default setting) and burn it out using NERO 5 VCD wizard. The result:

1. Audio is great
            2. Looks like the subtitle was cut-off a little bit at the upper part (this give the letter " i " looks like " l " and " T " looks like " I ".
            3. Picture quality still a bit low sometimes with kind of small boxes moving around making the movie shaking a little bit.

Maybe I didn't use the right setting from the TMPEnc setting option, can anybody help me figure it out..??

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Try changing the dimensions under both the "Video" and "Advanced" tabs to any of the following: 320x240, 352x240, or 352x288.

Under the "Advanced" tab, you'll first have to change the "Video Arrange Method" to "Center (Custom Size)".

Glad to here that you're getting there ;>}

Comment

• Max2000
                • Jan 2002

Unfortunately I can't try it right now. I'll be back and hopefully with a satisfaction output....Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Do let us know how it goes...

Comment

• Max2000
                    • Jan 2002

I'm running out of CD-ROM...!!!

While waiting for my new CD-ROM, I went through to this forum and just noticed that I share almost the same question with one of the forumer concerning NERO; after encoding my captured movie to MPEG-1 VCD using TMPGEnc, I then drag and drop the encoded file in NERO to put it in the "burn list"....I wonder why NERO give me an option whether "to encode it or to continue anyway" because the file is not encoded to vcd stantard. I thought TMPGEnc has done all the jobs!!

Comment

• Max2000
                      • Jan 2002

Grrrrr....Still the same...!!! Is there any possibilities to have the burn VCD with the same quality as the original one from where I'm captured it?

I did everything as you adviced, but I still not satisfy with the output. The audio is great, but the visual looks a bit large. What should I do now. Looks like no difference at all between the burn movie captured from Cyberlink and the re-encoded one from TMPGEnc except a slight difference in file size.Do I need to change the setting? What kind of setting comply to VCD..?
                      frame size?...FPS?....Audio rate?....Etc....Any difference capturing with PAL and NTSC....OR....PAL captured file burn as NTSC VCD and vice versa...?What actually are NTSC and PAL ...?

Please...please...please.......

Comment

• 2B-VCD-er
                        • Feb 2002

I'm facing problems almost the same with Max2000.

I captured satellite TV using Composite port with my ASUS V8200 Deluxe GeForce3 Graphic card. Since the capturing software included with the card didn't support Windows XP which I'm using, I try the Cyberlink Power VCR II Pro.

The MPEG file is great but the .DAT output which I burned using Nero really makes me headache! I try so many things to make the output on VCD acceptable including reencode the MPEG file again with MPEG-Corrector, VCD Gear and TMPGEnc with highest quality setting but I still can't find the solution.

I heard the best encoder software around is TMPGEnc, but I can't get the good output out of hundreds I tried before. Using the highest quality setting, the file looks perfect in my PC but the audio was "corrupted" when played on VCD player.

I try using freeware capturing software recommended by many many VCD authoring enthusiasts...VirtualDub!!! Sad to say, using my PC, it's certain that the dropped frames will reach up to 20%..!!!!This goes same using AVI_IO...!!!... I'm using Maxtor HDD 7200 rpm with Pentium 4 1.5 GHz.....Anything wrong with my setting..???I think my system met all the requirements for using VirtualDub...

Please...Come on enthusiasts....help me find the solution.

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
                          • Nov 2001

I also have no idea why all of a sudden it seems to me that NERO came up with a message stating that the MPEG file i had created was not compliant and was a SVCD standard and would i like to encode or continue. DONT encode and DONT continue as neither of thes options fixed t he problem for me. In 3 years i had never had this problem. BUT there is a light at the end of the tunnell, well for me it works. I use MediaWare Pro Edition M1 Edit to Repacketize the MPEG file AFTER the cut and to VCD not MPEG. I would give that a go and it should load into NERO fine. Let me know how it goes

Cheers

Comment

• 2B-VCD-er
                            • Feb 2002

But....I really appreciate if somebody out there can provide me a solution using my available software(Cyberlink Power VCR II Pro or a freeware software e.g VirtualDub)...It will cost me/us some penny and more worse...our precious TIME to find that particular software...unless of course..it's also a freeware.

thanks anyway....

Comment

• 2B-VCD-er
                              • Feb 2002

No new input huhh..???Here's what I got, hope this will help who have same problems with me.

I recorded movie(from any sources, eg VCR, satellite TV etc) using MediaStudio Pro 6.5 to avi format.Then convert the avi file to MPEG-1 VCD format using TMPGEnc. The file then have no problem and fully compatible with Nero...nothing to re-encode so and so....The .DAT will works great even when play with VCD player. It's totally different if you recored movie directly to MPEG-1 file using the same software......

Comment

Working...