Created Image File in Nero - Now what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wontonman
    • Mar 2003

Created Image File in Nero - Now what do I do?

I originally posted this problem in the wrong forum so I am trying this again - hopefully in the right place this time.

I have been struggling with Nero most of the day. I downloaded the Nero Burning ROM demo.

I have a VCD MPEG that I made with TMPGEnc. I have gone through all the steps with Nero to put it on a CDR. I am now near the end.

Everything goes well (and looks the same as the screen shots in the user guide) until I get to the second to the last step. I am supposed to select the 'Write CD' option under 'File' on the main menu. I do that but the screen that comes up next is not like the screen I am supposed to have (according to the user guide).

I am supposed to have a final 'burn' screen where I specify the Write Speed, Write Method, and Number of Copies. The screen I get doesn't have an option for Write Speed.

Next I click on 'OK' from the final 'burn' screen (I am supposed to have a 'Write' button to press but instead I have 'OK'. I next get two screens popping up. One is a 'Write CD' screen that shows the video time and size, the other is a 'Save Image File' screen that prompts me to tell it where to save the 'Image File'.

Not knowing whether to save this Image file on my HDD or on my CDR, I saved it to my HDD.

SKD_Tech has been kindly helping me out since I first discovered this forum and he suggested, "In nero on the file drop down menu click Burn CD Image - find and select the file then burn at 8x".

I tried it but I didn't get the option to put in a speed or anything. It just took me in circles. Again, I got the two screens popping up. One is a 'Write CD' screen that shows the video time and size, the other is a 'Save Image File' screen that prompts me to tell it where to save the 'Image File'. Again it doesn't give me the option to set a speed.

Should I start all over again and this time tell it to save the 'Image File' onto the CDR instead of the Hard Drive? I am confused as the user guide ends before this step.

I am at a total loss. I have read almost all of the online user manual at Nero's site (138 pages) and couldn't find an answer. It just tells you to give the Image file a name but doesn't tell you where to save it to.

Where can I find more guides for using Nero?
  • TheWolf
    • Jan 2003

Ok Wontonman, let's see if I can help you:

-- Burning your MPEG-File with Nero --
    1. Start the Wizzard
    2. Select CD --> Klick next
    3. Select "Create new CD" --> Klick next
    4. Select "other Format" --> ... next
    5. Select "Video CD" --> ... next
    6. Click "Ready"

Now the NERO-Explorer starts and you can navigate in the RIGHT Window to where your Video is located.
    Use "drag and drop" and move your Video to the LEFT, EMPTY Window.
    Nero now starts analyzing your Video and may bring up an Window saying "Your Video is NOT Standard" (or something like that). Klick on "Ignore Standard and go on" or something like that.

Now your Video is "Ready for burning". Just klick on the "Burn-Button" on Top, select the Burning-Speed (you shouldn't burn faster than 4x to avoid Playback-Problems).

That's it! It should work on your Player.

Good luck.

BTW: Sorry about my english. I'm german!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Sounds like you've got your CD "burner" set to "Virtual Drive" (which is your hard drive) instead of your actual burner. From the "Drive" (or "CD Drive", or similar) dropdown menu, select your actual burner.

You should now be able to burn a CD, rather than create an image file on your hard drive.

If you want to use the image file that you've already created, then, after changing your drive designation to your burner, from the "File" dropdown menu, select "Burn Image"...

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Wontonman
        • Mar 2003

To The Wolf: Your English is just fine! I have a friend who lives in Stuttgart. Your English is much better than hers.

For some reason Nero doesn't list my CD Writer in the 'choose Recorder' window. It shows only the Virtual Device. It is as though it doesn't see it.

My CD Writer is shown on the right side of the screen under the File Browser area.

When I went through all of the steps to burn the VCD, it did initialize my Writer drive. The light for the drive kept coming on.

When it completed writing the Image (to the Hard Drive), it asked me if I wanted to Save, Print, or Discard the messages. I printed them. On the Nero Report, under Scsi-Device-Map, it lists all of my drives - both hard drives, my floppy, my CDROM, and my CD Writer. So the final report recognizes my Writer, but I can't get Nero to see it under 'Choose Recorder'.

I've restarted my PC, gone back into Nero, etc., but am not given the option to select my Writer as the Recorder.

Should I get an older copy of Nero from somewhere instead of the latest copy?

Comment

• Wontonman
          • Mar 2003

I'm stupid - stupid - stupid - but I finally figured it out.

After searching Nero's website for the umpteenth time, I found that Nero supports the HP 8200e CD Writer but not the 8200i Writer. I have the 8200i.

Same problem with VCDeasy. It doesn't support it either. Any suggestions as to what other free downloadable software I can use to burn VCD's?

Thanks for your patience with this Newbie.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Any suggestions as to what other free downloadable software I can use to burn VCD's?"

I'm not aware of ANY free burning software (The "free" NERO program is only valid for 30 days).

You might look into Roxio's EasyCD Creator - another commercial product...

Comment

• Novamute
              • Oct 2003

hmm for a moment i thought i had the exact same problem, only my recorder works perfect at a clean windows 2000 installation.

After a while i get the very same problems as Wontonman. I can only select an image recorder, and the only thing i can do is create an image to my hd. When i try to write that image on cd it create's another image.

I really hope anyone has an solution, cause i'm getting tired of reinstalling my operating system everytime

Comment

• memyself
                • Oct 2004

New here so this may have been answered but was looking for why Nero would only see a virtual recorder with my system when it had been behaving up until recently..here is something I've found. ( yet to test it! )

WNASPI.DLL

The latest Nero Driver (for Windows NT/2000/XP)

Usage: Please copy this file in the Nero folder. This new version solves the problem in not finding any CD-Drive after installation of Virtual CD.

hxxp://www.nero.com/en/WNASPI32.DLL.html

Also noticed an INCD clean tool which may possibly be of use :

hxxp://www.nero.com/en/InCD_Clean_Tool.html
                Last edited by memyself; 11 Oct 2004, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...