Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypeRob
    • Jan 2002

Another Coaster :(

I'm new here. I have read some documentation on TEMPEnc .

Here's the problem. I have a film split in 2 parts, and I have

burned the first half But it won't playback on my dvd player in my

PC. I selected NTSC format (the film was 23 fps). I split the file

according to documentation and all I got on the cd was a handful

of folders, and inside one of them a .dat file

I'm lost, please help, anyone...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Simply run the DVD player (Or Windows Media Player for that matter). From Explorer, open the DVD and then "Drag and Drop" ".DAT" file onto the player.

Comment

• TypeRob
      • Jan 2002

works great...but...

works just great, the way you said. I need to know if this will work in a standalone dvd player. Will it run automatically ? I have not yet spent money on buying one because I do not know.

Comment

• abdul
        • Jan 2002

When you DO buy a standalone dvd-player you have to make sure that it is capable of playing
        vcd's (and svcd's) also besides cd-r's, cd-rw's, music cd's and dvd's.

When you use Nero with the vcd option it will make a "menu" so the mpg you have created will become a vcd
        And this is recognisable for a dvd player which can handle vcd's

Hope this answers your question

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Glad to hear of your success with the "drag and drop".

Based on your original post, "I split the file
          according to documentation and all I got on the cd was a handful
          of folders, and inside one of them a .dat file", it appears that you've successfully created a VCD. Therefore, the only remaining issue is to follow abdul's suggestion about standalone players' capabilities. In that regard, you might want to check out the brand/model-specific information at this site:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

It's important to note (this is why I suggest checking out the site) that, even if a standalone is VCD and/or SVCD capable, it won't necessarily recognize your brand of CD-R.

Comment

• ron
            • Nov 2001

Armed with the previous info reVD players list, take your material on disc and also download some VCD and more importantly SVCD samples available on the web and copy those files onto discs and take them to Circuit City or Best Buy or whatever is available in your area and have some fun. You might want to bring along some CD RW's, as well

Be sure to report back for the benefit of those who are in your position.

I love my pioneer C302D Changer and its over 2 yrs old.

Comment

• Clarkbar
              • Feb 2002

dvd player

I have had great experience with apex players as well as GE players. Both brands seem to play damn near any brand of cdr out there. I have tried the cheepest no namers to the expensive sony type discs and they all play well. Like someone above said. Make sure you take a few different discs with you and test them out at the store.

Comment

Working...