• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Easier Way?
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2003

Whistles or drop-outs

What is the best way to assemble a collection of mpeg2 files without short whistles (tmpeg join) or sound drop-outs (nero svcd compilation of seperate files) at the "joins"?

I did a really nice back up of Amelie with subtitles but Apocalypse Now is dvd2svcd-ing out of sequence (if a preview of a chapter was made, is it best to erase everything and start from new?).

Newbie, searched here and Doom for similar, no luck.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"What is the best way to assemble a collection of mpeg2 files without short whistles (tmpeg join)"

You may find this hard to believe but, in TMPGEnc, first click on the "Setting" radio button", then click on the "Option" tab and select "Environmental Settings". Click on the "Sound" tab - and UNcheck the box to the left of "Finish"...

Comment

• Easier Way?
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2003

Setarip thanks for your kind reply,

I meant noise or quiet on the svcd between what had been seperate files.

Having done a single chapter preview I now need to edit the correct sequence from a crazy dvd2svcd run. It is still running but some of the chapters before my preview have appeared out of sequence. I hope to edit the mpeg2 files but I do not want 1/2 second whistles (tmpegenc join) or !/2 second quiet (nero compilation of seperate files with "0 seconds" gaps) at the joins.

If you could spare me a moment how does one achieve a clean join? Can vcdx be used?
      Thanks again.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I meant noise or quiet on the svcd between what had been seperate files."

I understood EXACTLY what you meant - that's why I said, "You may find this hard to believe..."

Try what I suggested...

Comment

• Easier Way?
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Jan 2003

Will do,

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001