Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DayTrader
    • Sep 2003

TMPGEnc error . . .

My attempt is to make a SVCD from one of my DVDs. I use DVD2AVI to develope an AVI file and all is well. I then start TMPGEnc and import the file etc. The problem I am having is if I check the noise filter on the Advance menu, TMPGEnc will (after about two hours) stop with an error code. The error code is " error occured at address 0009A9D9 of module TMPGEnc.exe with 0A22BFDC". If I uncheck the noise filter, and start again, the program will proceed all the way though. My computer is a Compaq 1.2 Celeron, with 256 memory, running XP Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DayTrader
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One would presume that, since you've created the .AVI from a DVD (rather than downloading someone else's effort), there should be no need to apply the noise filter under TMPGEnc.

If, in fact, there IS visible noise in your .AVI, I'd suggest that you re-examine your DVD to .AVI procedures/settings...

(Others may suggest that you use different software that will convert directly from DVD to SVCD)

Comment

• DayTrader
      • Sep 2003

Thanks setarip for the quick reply. I had incorporated a template for SVCD high quality from another site and along with came additional notes and settings, one of which was to set the noise filter ( under the Advance settings tab) to Still Pic=100, Range =4, and Time Axis=100. The reasoning was to compensate for the snow ( for lack of a better term) that would be present due to the lower bitrate. The source is a 32 minute program and the original bitrate was in the 6.5 to 7 plus meg bitrate, whereas SVCD was done at 2.520 bitrate. The DvD is one of my originals and I would rather not see it get beat up by other members of the household. At any rate, I believe that you can see why I employed the filter, instead, I will try as you suggested with the filter off. The only two questions I have left are, why does TMPGEnc crash and what does the error code mean? Once again, thanks for the reply and all of your help.

DayTrader

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"The only two questions I have left are, why does TMPGEnc crash and what does the error code mean?"

I'm afraid I have no idea... (You might be "short" in the RAM department, or it might be a shortcoming of your Celeron CPU's instruction set versus a full-blown Pentium or AMD CPU)

"Once again, thanks for the reply and all of your help."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...