Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyo
    • Oct 2003

muxing problem

I'm trying to put an MPG-2 video file and a PCM audio Wave file together. They were created using Adobe Premiere 6.5 and they have the exentions .m2v and .wav respectively. They are already compressed so I don't want to recompress them further.

I've tried TMPGEnc, DVD2AVI, Xmuxer, and VirtualDub to get them multiplexed together. None of the aforementioned programs seem to work. (Unless I'm doing something wrong)

Does anyone have some ideas or specific instructions to help me out? Thank you!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"They are already compressed so I don't want to recompress them further."

If, in fact, the audio file is in PCM (.WAV) format, it is uncompressed.

1) Use TMPGEnc to convert the .WAV to .MP2 format - by simply loading the .WAV into the primary TMPGEnc window and saving with an ".MP2" extender (This is a very brief process)

2) Then use TMPGEnc's "MPEGTools" as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Simple Multiplex

Load both ".M2V" and ".MP2" files

Save with a new filename, with an ".MPG" extender

Comment

• tonyo
      • Oct 2003

Umm.. Sounds Easy...

Sorry Setarip, but I must be really dense. The audio was not compressed just resampled to 48Khz.

Now I just have to get the TMPGEnc Plus version it will encode MPEG files.

Will this process of multiplexing combine the two elemental streams into one program stream that anyone can play on their PC computer using Windows Media Player or Mac's QuickTime?

Presumably, the multiplexing doesn't recompress the video, right?

Thank you very much for your assistance and willingness to teach others.

Tony

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Will this process of multiplexing combine the two elemental streams into one program stream that anyone can play on their PC computer using Windows Media Player or Mac's QuickTime?"

Yes re: Windows Media Player - as long as MPEG-2 filters/codecs are properly installed

"Presumably, the multiplexing doesn't recompress the video, right?"

That's correct

"Thank you very much for your assistance and willingness to teach others."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...