Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balarila
    • Oct 2003

VCD with folder of jpeg pictures?

Using Pinnacle Studio, composed and burned a VCD containing a documentary for my company. I also need to burn a number of jpeg pictures into a disc, then distribute those discs to a number of people. I realized that the size of the video (in the VCD) and the total size of the picture files could easily fit into a standard CDROM.

Is there a way to combine the contents of the VCD together with pictures from my hard drive into a new VCD?

My intent is that, with the same CD, the user can play the video on his VCD/DVD player and also bring it to a professional photo printer shop to get prints of the large collection of jpeg pictures.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I'm not personally familiar with Pinnacle Studio but, as far as combining both a VCD and .JPGs on one CD-R, this can be easily accomplished using NERO...

Comment

• balarila
      • Oct 2003

Thanks. But, please bear with me. When I burn a VCD in Pinnacle, I have now a VCD with the videofile in the CD's MPEGAV folder labelled AVSEQ01.DAT. I also have jpeg pictures in my hard disk. How do I do this in Nero?

In Nero, I tried clicking File>New>VideoCD and also activate the PICTURES folder. I tried dragging the contents of the source VCD into the corresponding folder in the new compilation, then I also dragged the jpeg pictures into the PICTURES folder. But, somehow, the BURN button is grayed out (inactive).

The Help button is also not very helpful.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

In NERO:

1) Select "Video-CD" mode
        2) "Drag &Drop" the MPEG1-VCD-compliant file into the lower left window - NERO will evaluate it and determine that it is already in acceptable VCD format
        3) "Drag & Drop" all of the JPEGs (No folder) into the lower left window
        4) Burn

When the VCD is played on a standalone DVD player (hooked up to a television), once the video starts playing, pressing the "Next chapter" key (or similar) will bring up the first JPEG. Press again for the next JPEG...

Comment

• balarila
          • Oct 2003

Holy cow! That did it!

Thanks a lot, o Demigod of Digital Video!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Holy cow! That did it!
            Thanks a lot"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...