• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aiiee
    • Oct 2003

bbMPEG stops at 49% - dual layer DVD

Hi

I've searched forum/FAQ and have not seen this addressed:

Using DVD2SVCD on a 2hr27min dual layer DVD. Everything works fine until bbMPEG reaches 49% and then it stalls.

I've updated bios, via drivers, amd/w2k reg entry ( I am running on W2K ). I do notice that when I kill bbMPEG to use the "recover" utility of DVD2SVCD, there is a 752meg mpg left behind. This is erased once the 'recover' process restarts bbMPEG.

Any advice, pointers, anything is greatly appreciated....
  • aiiee
    • Oct 2003

heh, well if anyone ever comes across this problem, I'll tell you that I aborted bbmpeg when it froze at 49% and then hit that made dvd2svcd start another bbmpeg session which this time froze at 63%. I again aborted bbmpeg and dvd2svcd again respawned bbmpeg and this time the session reached 100% and it started another bbmpeg run which is now at 48% and still running. I have no clue what any of this will yield but I'll post results. I'm sure this stuff looks familiar to somebody

Comment

• aiiee
      • Oct 2003

The process has now "finished" with no .bin or .cue files. I had ended up with three .mpg files, the first one was incomplete and had sound and was 752mb. the second was 752 mb and started about 16 minutes into the movie and lost sound 3 seconds in. The third appeared to be the same as the second but was twice as big. bleah. I'll post over on doom as they supposedly wrote this thing yes? dunno what I'm doing wrong yet.

Comment

• aiiee
        • Oct 2003

Now everything seems to be working OK, except for running out of disc space ( 16gig for one 2hr movie oy! ). I think, after reading reading reading forums, that when I changed the output files after starting to rip, even though the output I changed was for the encoding, that this somehow caused dvd2svcd to be unable to create the proper output directory structure ( there was none under "movie" ) and thus cause bbmpeg to fail. Moral of story: don't change anything once you start dvd2svcd

Hope this little mis-adventure helps somebody.

Comment

Working...