How to make an exact copy of a VCD to CDR...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nhykwan
    • Nov 2003

How to make an exact copy of a VCD to CDR...

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie that just joined today...

I borrowed a VCD movie from a friend and i really liked it and i was thinking of burning a copy of it....

I was wondering how you can make an exact copy of a VCD to CDR that is playable on a standard DVD player...

I've actually tried to burn it... but for some reason my DVD player says it can't read it.... i dunno why...????

Here's what i have done:

- copy all the files that is on the VCD
    - use the "drag and drop" method onto the compilation window
    - start burning

it burned successfully, its just that my DVD player can't seem to read it.... the original VCD, of course, works, but the burned CDR doesn't work (even though the CDR contains an exact copy of all the files/folders that was contained in the original VCD)

also, i've tried to only copy the Avseq01.dat from the MPEGAV folder from the original VCD and only burn this .dat file... but it doesn't seem to work either! Now i have no idea what to do.. =(

I was wondering... do i maybe need to convert the .dat file into some other file before i burn it so that it will be readable on my DVD player?????

Here are all the files/folders that is on the VCD:
    - CDI (folder): containing files: cdi_imag.rtf, cdi_text.fnt, cdi_vcd.app, cdi_vcd.cfg
    - EXT (folder): containing files: lot_x.vcd, psd_x.vcd, scandata.dat
    - MPEGAV (folder): containing files: Avseq01.dat
    - VCD (folder): containing files: entries.vcd, info.vcd, lot.vcd, psd.vcd
    - individual files: abstract.txt, bibliogr.txt, copyrigh.txt

Of the following folders/files above, are there any files that i must convert/adjust before attempting to burn them??? do i need to exclude any files from burning it onto a CDR??? i really dunno what i need to do... i guess you could say im outta luck....

Can anyone help me...??? I much appreciate any advice/suggestions! Thanks!!!

nhykwan =)
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

You should simply use a copy program such as nero that will allow you to make a cd copy from 1 drive to the other (with the cd-r).

If you dont have 2 drives in your computer...then do this:

Extract the .DAT file and save it as xxx.mpg once its on ur HDD. Then open up nero (or another burning program) and select the option to "burn Video-CD".

Should work.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• nhykwan
      • Nov 2003

i've tried what u suggested, but it still didn't work... =(
      but thanx n e wayzz....

nhykwan

Comment