There's A Way To Put Two Audio Streams In A Vcd?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • planctonman
    • Nov 2003

There's A Way To Put Two Audio Streams In A Vcd?

HI! I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD PUT TWO AUDIO STREAMS IN A VCD. SO, IF THE ANSWER IS AFFIRMATIVE, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW. THANKS A LOT.
  • dLightman
    • Nov 2003

I'm not sure about VCD but I think there's an easy way to do it with DVD2SVCD - I'm still working on it. Does your standalone DVD player play SVCDs?

dLightman

Comment

• pieroxy
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Nov 2003

There is a way to make SVCD with two soundtracks. Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

For VCD, you can haver only a stereo signal, but it doesn't have to be the traditional "left/right" stereo signal: I can be French/ENglish for example. All standalones players should allow you to select the left channel or the right channel.

Of course, each language would have to be mono then...
      "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• dLightman
        • Nov 2003

I want to make two audio tracks with DVD2SVCD but a lot of times it comes out in another language, usually French. I select two audio tracks at the conversion page (?) and on the audio page select priority 1 audio English, priority 2 audio English. I also have done it where I just get the audio commentary (in English) but WinDVD doesn't allow me to select another audio option. I've heard that WinDVD and other programs like it won't play back another audio option in mpeg or SVCD format but once I burn it to disc, I'll check it on my standalone player.

Thanks for your response and if you're familiar with recording 2 audio tracks on DVD2SVCD, I'd like to hear your success rate.

Take care,

dLightman

Comment

• pieroxy
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Nov 2003

I do not know DVD2SVCD well enough to answer to your question. What I know is that you just need to remux your audio as a setero MPEG-1 layer2 stream, left being the english soudtrack, right being the french one.

Here is how I would do it:

1. Strip DVD with SmartRipper or DVD Stripper
          2. Open your VOBS (main movie) with VobEdit and strip both soundtracks wanted and the movie stream.
          3. Convert both audio streams to mono WAV files.
          4. With any audio editing soft (CoolEditPro for example) make one big Stereo WAV file with both mono files
          5. Encode the result to MPEG1-Layer2, 384kbps with toolame (for example)
          6. Remux your video Stream with this new audio Stream (TMPGEnc does that fine)
          7a. If you can feed a MPEG file into DVD2SVCD, let's do it at this point.
          7b. If not, author a new DVD with IfoEdit/SpruceUp... to get a VIDEO_TS folder. Feed that into DVD2SVCD. That is overkill IMO.
          7c(preferred): Skip step 6 and encode your m2v with DVD2AVI/TMPGEnc at the proper format/bitrate. Computing bitrate is easy: let's say your movie is "n" seconds. Let's say you want two 80Min CDs, 2x6471680=12943360 kbits in your CD. 12943360/n is your bitrate in kbps. Substract the bitrate of the audio track (384kbps) and you're all set. Use Nero or anytihng to burn your coasters

Let me know if you need more infos.
          "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• dLightman
            • Nov 2003

Guess what? It worked with DVD2SVCD and I got two audio tracks from a Simpson's episode, one with the commentary, one with the regular episode track. I'm not big into second audio on movies but the Simpson's are fantastic and well worth the effort. Thanks for all the info you passed along, I may need it because DVD2SVCD is a bit quirky at time. Appreciate your time and take care,

dLightman

Comment

• pieroxy
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Nov 2003

Would you mind explaining how you did it with DVD2SVCD ?

Comment

• dLightman
                • Nov 2003

Crap, I wrote a big long detailed reply and lost it during the preview

At the Conversion tab for DVD2SVCD, under Selected Audiotracks there is a box for Selected, Audio Index, Language, Mode, etc.

The first box (selected) under selected audiotracks is automatically checked, is listed as Audio Index 1 and is usually English. You can deselect this choice if you like - read on.

The fourth box, in the case of a Simpsons episode, is the one with the audio commentary. If I click on the drop down arrow for this Audio Index it allows me to make this Audio Index 1, Audio Index 2, or Deselect. I select Audio Index 2 and the box next to this choice is automatically checked so I now have two audio streams but that's it, I can only have 2.

I then click on the Audio tab in DVD2SVCD and Audio 1 Priority 1 is English, Audio 2 Priority 1 is English (drop down arrow to select language). I don't know if it you can select a different language for the audio commentary but I doubt it.

I then go to Rip and Convert at the Conversion tab and it warns me that the bitrate is higher than the set limit but I proceed anyway as it is only 20 or so "bits" over the max. It worked without a problem and played in my standalone player.

I tried to attach an image that would have helped a lot but it was too big. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

dLightman

Comment

Working...