Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trance4c
    • Nov 2003

Just can't get it to play...

Ok, I have gone though numerous fixes which I will go though, but first.. the problem I get is that any time I put in a VCD that I create, the DVD player just says:

"No Audio Data" and will not play.

Now, I'm using TMPGEnc to create the VCD .mpg files. They are being burned to a CD-RW disc and played on a CD-R/CD-RW complient DVD player. I used NanDub to create a .wav file and a silent .avi file. The TMPGEnc program is set to:

MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100hz 192kbps.

I have tried VDC and SVCD formats.

In an effort to correct the audio issue I have gone into the TMPGEnc Options screen -> Environmental Settings -> VFAPI plug-in and set it to high priority. Didn't help.

Can anyone help? I have some great video that I shot and put together in Premiere that I would love the screen on my HDTV with DVD player!

Thanks

Clayton
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100hz 192kbps."

"Plain vanilla" MPEG-1 or (REQUIRED) MPEG1-VideoCD?

Comment

• Trance4c
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by setarip
      "MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100hz 192kbps."

"Plain vanilla" MPEG-1 or (REQUIRED) MPEG1-VideoCD?
      I truthfully can't recall, I loaded the preset Video CD (NTSC).mcf in TMPGEnc this time around which gave me this line:

Video-CD NTSC [MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100hz 224kbps]

Again, I used my nosound .avi I generated in NunDub and the .wav file as well.

When I process this with TMPGEnc I get an output of another .avi file and burning this to a disc.

When I look at like a DVD disc, there is a video folder and an audio folder, granted they are not the same format.. I'm just trying to see, is there a relation between the two here I need more than just an .avi file as output from TMPGEnc?

Am I missing something? I am burning .avi and then closing the session.

Clayton

Comment

• pieroxy
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Nov 2003

In the "System" tab in TMPGEnc, make sure you have "MPEG-1, Video-CD" selected and not just "MPEG-1".

When I process this with TMPGEnc I get an output of another .avi file
        TMPGEnc is supposed to output an MPEG file (.mpg), not an AVI file. You must be mistaken (Or you have renamed your .mpg file to .avi).

To make sure this is an MPEG file, open it with GSpot, and tell us what you see over there.

Additionnaly, if you want to make sure there is some soundtrack, just open it with Media Player and see if the volume slider is disabled or not.
        "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

Working...