Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dLightman
    • Nov 2003

DVD TV episodes to SVCD

I've finally figured out how to get my Simpsons episodes backed up using EazyVCD and DVD2SVCD but am enountering some minor problems with both. Eazy allows you to easily select which episode you want to rip and convert but it keeps giving me a message (wrongfully) that TMPGEnc Plus has expired so I have to burn to VCD.

I'm able to convert an episode to SVCD using DVD2SVCD with TMPGEnc Plus but it only allows me to convert the biggest (or longest episode) VOB files. I can't figure out how to select another episode and just use DVD2SVCD to do the whole process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

dLightman
  • pieroxy
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Nov 2003

AFAIK, DVD2SVCD is a tool to convert the main movie of a DVD to an SVCD, so I doubt it can convert more than one movie.

I do not know easyVCD so I cannot help you over there.

Burning a SVCD out of VOBS is an easy enough operation to do manually. Here is how:

For each episode
    1. Open the VOBS in VobEdit, extract audio stream and video stream
    2. Open video stream in DVD2AVI and "Save Project As"
    3. Decode the AC3 stream from step 1 using ac3dec (for example)
    3. Open TMPGEnc and open the video project saved from DVD2AVI as the video, open the WAV from ac3dec as the audio. Load the SVCD template (NTSC or PAL).
    4. Compute the bitrate. Basically a 80min CD is 6471680 kbits. Divide this number by the number of seconds you plan on putting on a CD (one or two episodes...). You get the average bitrate for your SVCD. Adjust your audio and video bitrates so that their sum match this number
    5. Encode
    6. Burn the MPG file(s) that TMPGEnc generated using Nero.
    7. Enjoy

I didn't get into much details of the various steps. You can find these details either in www.dvdrhelp.com, www.digital-digest.com or www.doom9.org guides. As a last resort, you can still ask me
    "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

Working...