X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nixter
    • Nov 2003

Sides cropped on SVCD??

Hello,

I'm trying to convert a 720x480 MOV file to an SVCD using TMPGEnc. I'm not sure what settings to use when creating the mpg. My first test created a skinny/square looking mpg which stretched itself out to the right aspect once burnt (with Nero) and played on my DVD player, except that the sides were cut off. What am I doing wrong?

I shouldn't say "cut off" because when I watch the SVCD on my computer, the whole image is there, it's just skinny. When playing on my DVD/TV, the image is stretched wider than the screen. So the screen cuts off the sides I guess.

Shouldn't the correct result be something with black bars on the top and bottom?

Thanks,

Nixter.
    Last edited by Nixter; 28 Nov 2003, 08:49 PM.
  • pieroxy
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Nov 2003

My first test created a skinny/square looking mpg which stretched itself out to the right aspect once burnt
    That's the right setting.

Maybe you burned a 16:9 MPEG on your SVCD coaster. Very few standalone players can play 16:9 recorded SVCD.

In this case, the solution (obviously) for you is to resize your movie and set the apsect ratio to 4:3 on your SVCD.
    1. If your input is 720x480 4:3, just resize it to 480x480, 4:3.
    2. If your input is 720x480 16:9, resize it to 480x360:
    _a. In the advanced tab, set the "Video Arrange Method" to "Center (Custom Size)" and set the size to 480x360
    _b. In the Video tab, set the size to 480x480 4:3

Hope that helps
    "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

Working...