X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauron
    • Jan 2002

Burning with Nero

OK,
    Brand new to the game here. I used TMPGEnc to create an mpg file from and AVI, When I go to create the VCD in Nero, I get a message first of all about the format not being correct, I then tell nero to make the correct conversion and it does. When I go to burn the VCD I get an error in the write dialogue box about not having enough memory. I have an 850 Mhz Dell with 256 MB of RAM. Has anyone seen this and how can I get this VCD burnt. Can I just burn the mpg file to a cd or do I have to use the VCD "wizzard" in NERO?
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

Strange problem, when you successfully created a mpg with TMPGEnc then usally Nero checks the mpg and starts burning

So maybe it has somrthing to do with the PAL/NTSC
    for instance you've created a NTSC mpg and want Nero to burn it as a PAL vcd

I usually use the wizzard and it comes out oke, you CANNOT just burn a mpg file; you have to choose "making a VCD"

Look into this and let us know whether or not you have solved your problem

Comment

• Thrawn
      • Jan 2002

did u set your output to vcd?
      check it at settings-system
      also be sure to check PAL or NTSC in the second leave of setting
      The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

When using TMPGEnc, make certain to set the mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" and NOT simply "MPEG1".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• sauron
          • Jan 2002

nero

Well,
          I can get past the errors with nero now about the video format being wrong, but now I still get the error about no enough memory. This is driving me nuts, can any one help. Is there another app that I can use to burn the VCD? I have attached a picture of the error that I am getting with nero
          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

That IS mysterious. Three thoughts:

1) Try experimenting with a (significantly) smaller file

2) Perhaps something was "lost" in the translation (If I remember correctly, NERO Burning ROM is a German product) - Is it possible that you don't have enough space on your hard drive?

3) In NERO, try changing your CD-burner to the "virtual" one (your hard drive). Then create the VCD. This will create an image file (.NRG) in your "My Documents" folder. Then shut down NERO (Trust me, it's worth the little inconvenience) and restart it. Change your CD-burner to the real burner and then from the "File" dropdown, select "Burn Image".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• sauron
              • Jan 2002

No Luck

Well,
              I have tried all of the suggestions and still no luck. I tried a 30 MB file and still got the problem. I tried the image burnner and still no luck. Is there another burnning software that I could use, what do you use?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

With this aspect, as many others, I continue to use somewhat older and definitely proven versions. In this case, I use NERO v.5.0.3.1.

What about, "2) Perhaps something was "lost" in the translation (If I remember correctly, NERO Burning ROM is a German product) - Is it possible that you don't have enough space on your hard drive? " How much free space do you believe you have on your hard drive?

Comment

• ron
                  • Nov 2001

aaaaaah... I see why replies for later Nero version questions go unanswered. It would appear no one has had much success although, setarip I have that same version on disk that came with my burner and as you know there are no menu features available in that version. I've tried all of the updates and am currently running 5.5.3.5 trying to get the menu to show up BEFORE the SVCD's. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Comment

Working...