Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knowall
    • Jan 2002

Any body try dup-dvd????

Hi all I was wondering if anybody has tried dup-dvd on the all downloads page ? This program is fantastic great quality audio and video with just 1 click. I've tried most of the other programs cladmdec,dvd2avi and tmpgenc and made a few vcd's but was very disappointed with the overall quality. My main question is has anybody registered the program or knows how to manipulate it to allow a full movie copy. The program is trialware and only allows 1/4 of the movie for evaluation purposes !! Thanks in advance
  • salinpac
    • Jan 2002

I have the full bersion of the program it does just what it says on click and wait, it depends on your pc (10-15 hrs. for VCD). I think it is really great program for those of us who don't want to do all the work of converting a DVD to VCD or SVCD. I recommend it. (I know I am new to this web site but it's still a great program for lazy people like me )

Comment

• KETAN
      • May 2002

Dear salinpac,
      I am trying various combinations with this dup_dvd.
      After auto ejecting one vcd I am always left flabbergasted as to what to do after waiting for 10-12 hours. It does not ask for the second vcd.
      Is there something wrong with this program?
      Since you have solved this mystery can you be kind enough to throw some light on it ?
      Thanks
      email : ketanis@hotmail.com

Comment

• salinpac
        • Jan 2002

Heres the thing with Dup DVD it works if your OS is not XP, I have ME as is OS and it works fine sure at times it wont work but for some reason if I reboot my computer it returns to working normally.

Comment

• KETAN
          • May 2002

Dear salinpac,
          I think I have not been able to explain my problem.
          After recording one CD-R it ejects it. Then it does not ask for the second CD-R. How have you resolved this?

Comment

• salinpac
            • Jan 2002

Like I said it might be your OS because from the start of the program it has had problem like that with XP. If you dont have XP I would go back to to Dup-dvd's site and see if there is a new update. I've had this program for quite some time now and liek I said it work fine, the few times I do have problems I just reboot. Another thing is that you might have the trail version (which only records one cd) and not the full version of the program. did you pay for the key to open it, I would let you have mine but each time a trail version is downloaded a new individual key is requested and generated when you pay for it.

Comment

• fallyhag
              • Apr 2002

I just saw this in the FAQ section, does it help the above question?

What is the limitation of the trial version DUP-DVD?

Trail version only can make the first 1/4 of a DVD movie to SVCD/VCD. That means you can only burn 1 disc with a trial version.
              Other functions(CD copying,MPG/Image file burning) are same as registered version.

Fallyhag

Comment

• KETAN
                • May 2002

I am a registered user of dup-dvd. I am tired of trying to make scvds. After burning once svcd it does not ask for the second one and after 12 hours of wait you will be left wondering what hit you...Support is virtually non-existant, they will direct you to one of the FAQ.

Comment

Working...