X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ace767ca
    • Dec 2003

MPEG-1 & MPEGAV Burn Problem

Hi all
    I have a Sony Digital video cam. I use Sony Image Maker to capture into MPEG format. When I try to burn to a VCD on Nero 6 I get an MPEG error message saying not compliant will convert. When the finished product is played on my stand alone DVD player a thumbnail is in view I hit Skip back (play does not play the VCD) & the VCD plays. Strange? I tried this a while back and it worked just fine. The file was an MPEG-2. Now my capture is MPEG or MPEG-1- and once burned it becomes MPEGAV / AVSQ01. on the CD. How do I get the MPEG-2 Back? the previous time I did not use an encoding or converting program. Also since the first successful burn I had to re-format my hard drive, if this may help with the answer.
    Many thanks for the help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have a Sony Digital video cam. I use Sony Image Maker to capture into MPEG format."

If you are capturing as MPEG-2, select NERO's SVCD icon (rather than the VCD icon), since you seem to be stating that your DVD player successfully played an MPEG-2 (presumably converted to SVCD) file previously...

Comment

Working...