Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joecross98
    • Jan 2002

Burning SVCD errors

I am trying to burn an SVCD disc using an external USB burner. Unfortunately, I'm having the following problems:

1 - With VCDEasy, I can't access my USB burner. It just doesn't appear in the drive list. Any advice?

2 - With Nero, I get the error message: "Illegal Command" at the very beginning of the burn. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Joe
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Yours is not the first post to indicate this problem.
    The only response is, not intended to be facetious, either a SCSI or EIDE burner...

Comment

• joecross98
      • Jan 2002

Thanks. I've found out some new info, so it may be useful.

On the Nero issue, it turned out to be a Disk-at-once issue. Once I turned that off, my SVCDs burned fine. I'm not sure if this is a function of my burner or what, but that problem seems to have gone away. I'm not sure, though, if I'm going to wind up with long pauses in-between my music tracks. Haven't tried it yet, so I'll let you all know...

I'm talking with the CDRDAO developers at Sourceforge to see what's the haps with VCDEasy (which uses CDRDAO to access drives). Since Nero has a problem with DAO, maybe it is a function of my burner. Let's see what they have to say!

Joe

Comment

• Simon T
        • Nov 2001

I also had this problem with VCDEasy, the drive didn't want to recognisze the burner.
        I had to update the ASPI-software of my burner.
        Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

Working...