X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manojk111
    • Oct 2004

Image Compressed when seen on TV

Hello,
    I have recently downloaded MemoriesonTV with MPEG2 Plugin.

I tried to put some of the Digital images (1632x1232 resolution) to make a SVCD (PAL-DV) format.

I also added some small video from Sony Handycam (TRV-460E) as AVI.

Unfortunately when seen on AKAI 29 inch PAL, the images seems to be compressed sligtly in vertical direction. It seems that the software looses the aspect ration. On computer everything seems to be perfect.

On TV there is almost 1 inch on top and bottom which is left blank.

I selected SVCD because the quality is better then VCD, I am using Pioneer Player which supports most of the formats including DVD.

Secondly there were some Video where the sound mismatch took place, I mean Lip movements and sound did not match.

Did anyone face this problem ? Any solution.

Would appreciate your answers....

regards
    Manoj
  • Kiwi†Bird
    • Jun 2004

Hi'a Manoj,

I'm pretty new at all this, and I guess you've probably already done this, but try double checking your video capture options. Make sure it is 4:3 (for standard square televisions and pc monitors) or 16:9 (for widescreen televisions and pc monitors).

Regards, Michaela
    And remember, if you're going through hell........................keep going!!!

Comment

• manojk111
      • Oct 2004

Thanks Michaela,

I have already tried 4:3 options, but with that there is a gap/band at top and bottom.

It seems most of the cable TV channel also uses this and they too have that band at top and bottom.

I have tried TMPGenc option (with No Margin), this helps slightly.

Regards

Manoj

Comment

• Kiwi†Bird
        • Jun 2004

Hi'a Manoj,

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Just learning dv editing myself.

I hope you are able to sort it out.

Regards, Michaela
        And remember, if you're going through hell........................keep going!!!

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

Do you have Nero at all ?

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Comment

• manojk111
            • Oct 2004

Hello,

I do have Nero v6.3.0.3.

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

First thing we will need to do is update your Nero to the latest version for free on http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up.php

You will need to download package 1 & 2 minimum... Apply the updates and reboot....

Try and use Nerovison Express 2 to do the SVCD. (this is if you have the retail version of Nero, because this will have all the plugins you will need already)
              i.e. Mpeg2 plugin, if not you will need to get them but they cost...

But My guess is your trying to have too greater resolution for the TV and TV are far less resolution than that, try half of it 800x600.

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Good things

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To manojk111

"Unfortunately when seen on AKAI 29 inch PAL, the images seems to be compressed sligtly in vertical direction. It seems that the software looses the aspect ration. On computer everything seems to be perfect.

On TV there is almost 1 inch on top and bottom which is left blank."

This is probably due to the fact that PAL SVCD resolution is 480x576 - and your television is automatically compensating for the altered ratio (versus your original 1632x1232 resolution)

Comment

• manojk111
                  • Oct 2004

Thanks Floppy for the Nero update links, I will try that.

Setarip, Does it mean that SVCD will always have the band at top and bottom on TV, in that case, I dont have to struggle further.

Thanks for the replies.
                  Manoj

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Does it mean that SVCD will always have the band at top and bottom on TV"

Yes, if you are converting from 1632x1232 to 480x576...

Comment

• manojk111
                      • Oct 2004

Thanks Setarip,

It was really valuable information.

Comment

• Floppy

I thinks I speak for both of us when I say, your welcome for the tips, help and links.

Our pleasure

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

"Thanks Setarip, It was really valuable information."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Robannister
                            • Nov 2004

VCD Playback

I am having a problem with my Denon Video 900 DVD player and my other DVD Player. Both saty they can play VCD's. It gives me an error message when trying to play my VCD. I am using DV Plus 2.0 (VCD Maker) to burn my mpegs to VCD. The error message said something about does not detect auto playback. Can someone please Help Me.

Comment

• Floppy

Re: VCD Playback

Originally posted by Robannister
                              I am having a problem with my Denon Video 900 DVD player and my other DVD Player. Both saty they can play VCD's. It gives me an error message when trying to play my VCD. I am using DV Plus 2.0 (VCD Maker) to burn my mpegs to VCD. The error message said something about does not detect auto playback. Can someone please Help Me.
                              Hi

You might wanna check if the Player is compatible with the media your using.

I looked at Video Help for more info.

You may also wannna use Nero or Tmpeg to burn the VCD.

Good things :0

Comment

Working...