Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Scott
    • Jan 2005

Avi to VCD Sound Very Low...

I would appreciate any help on this problem i am having...I have burned several VCD's from AVI's and had no problem with most of them...The problem i am having is when the AVI file is using 5.1 audio it causes the sound to be extremely low when playing in my DVD player. Is there a way to fix this problem?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert .AC3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

Comment

• Mr.Scott
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by setarip
      Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert .AC3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

Thanks for the Help, I have followed the steps you layed out for me and it did make a new AVI file but when i tried to play it i had no sound at all. I tried it a few different times to make sure i was getting the procedure correct and i believe i did. It made the avi file about 200mb smaller is really the only other thing i noticed. When i saved with a new file name, i chose save as and renamed the file...Was that the correct way to save it?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

mr scott, if i may offer the method i use. in vdub (1.5)

under video select "direct stream copy"

under audio select "full processing mode"

click audio menu again and choose "conversion", select 44100, and check high quality box.

under the audio menu lastly, click "conversion", make sure it stays at PCM(no compression).

NOW, click file, select "save wav" call it what you want, and use this as the audio source, for tempgenc.

it has yet to fail me or produce anything other than excellent results.....
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To columbo999

"mr scott, if i may offer the method i use. in vdub (1.5)"

Unless there's something of which I'm unaware, the standard VirtualDub, as you've referred to, will not accept .AC3 audio for input.

Are you sure you're using VirtualDub v.1.5 or, perhaps, it's actually VirtualDubMOD?

Comment

• Mr.Scott
            • Jan 2005

I have VirtuaDubMOD and have since got it to work, Thanks for all your help setarip and columbo999...I appreciate it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

"Are you sure you're using VirtualDub v.1.5 or, perhaps, it's actually VirtualDubMOD?".

setarip, this is the only vdub i have ever used.....
              Attached Files
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Thanks for all your help setarip and columbo999...I appreciate it."

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

To columbo999

Doing what you've suggested, using standard VirtualDub v.1.5.10, results in the following error message:

"No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format"

Have you, by any chance, somehow added an .AC3 filter/codec to your VirtualDub setup? Or were you, possibly inadvertently providing the initial poster with directions for converting a VBR .MP3 audiostream to .WAV?
                  Last edited by setarip; 18 Feb 2005, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

to setarip

absetively posolutely.
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"absetively posolutely."

Which? - That you've somehow added an .AC3 filter/codec to VirtualDub v.1.5.10

OR

You were referring to converting a VBR .MP3 audiostream to .WAV?

(Beyond a dadow of a shout?)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

setarip

added an .AC3 filter/codec to VirtualDub v.1.5.10
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

To columbo999

Now that we've thoroughly hijacked this thread, I'll ask you:

Which .AC3 filter/codec, and how did you get VirtualDub to recognize it?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

setarip

this arrangement on my pc works wonders(for me anyway).

1) ac3 filter.70b
                            2) ac-3 acm decompressor

like i mentioned earlier, it has yet to fail me.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• setarip
                              Retired
                              • Dec 2001

To columbo999

"this arrangement on my pc works wonders(for me anyway).

1) ac3 filter.70b
                              2) ac-3 acm decompressor"

For your personal information, it's the "AC3ACM.ACM" file, created by the "ac-3 acm decomprssor" and placed in the Windows\System folder that allows the standard VirtualDub to accept .AC3 files for input.

You might want to share this information with the forum(s) at -large here, by posting it as a new thread...
                              Last edited by setarip; 18 Feb 2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...