Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoder
    • Mar 2002

can't play vcds backwards

Does anyone know if it possible to make a vcd where I can advance frames in both directions on a standalone player? All vcd I've made seem to frame advance forwards fine but never backwards. I've tried most variables in TMPGEnc, Nero, TSCV and others but I can't seem to get it to work. Is this a limitation of vcd or is there something I've missed?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do you have the same problem when playing the burned VCD CD on your computer? If not, it simply a deficiency of your standalone player.

Comment

• hoder
      • Mar 2002

yes, I have the exact same problem on my pc.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I can only tell you that I've never had any such problem with VCDs I've created using TMPGEnc. It may take a moment or two to seek under Windows Media Player, but it is both immediate and smooth on all of my standalones...

Comment

• hoder
          • Mar 2002

I don't think I was too clear earlier, but the exact problem I'm having is that when I pause a movie (on standalone player), I can skip forward a frame at a time (while still paused), but for some reason, I can't skip backwards.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

With both standalone DVD players and good ol' VCRs, I'm only aware of "single frame ADVANCE"...

Comment

Working...