Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ABID H
    • Mar 2002

TMPGEnc 0.11.24.107

PLEASE HELP. I AM USING THIS SOFTWARE TO CUT AN EMPEG IN HALF TO FIT ON A VCD BUT IT DOES NOT LET ME DO THIS. I USED THIS SOFTWARE 6 MONTHS AGO AND IT WAS FINE & IT WORKS ON MY MATES PC. BUT WHEN I LOAD AND TRY TO CUT THE EMPEG IT JUST FREEZES FOR AGES. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Why don't you tell us exactly HOW you are attempting to use TMPGEnc to cut your video? Then some meaningful assistance may be offered...

Comment

• ABID H
      • Mar 2002

TMPGEnc 0.11.24.107

THIS IS HOW I CUT MY MPEGS.

1 Load TMPGEnc and choose: File > Mpeg Tools
      2 CHOOSE MERGE & CUT
      3 SELECT Mpeg-1 VideoCD
      4 SELECT ADD & ADD A MPEG FILE
      5 GIVE THE FILE AN OUTPUT NAME AND LOCATION
      6 HIGHLIGHT THE MPEG & SELECT EDIT
      7 SELECT MY RANGE IE 00.00.00 TO 01.02.00

WHICH SHOULD GIVE ME FROM THE BEGINING OF THE FILM TO 1 HOUR & 2 MINUTES. SELECT RUN & HIT OK. BUT SON AS I TRY TO SELECT THE RANGE OR EVEN TRY TO CLICK ON THE EDIT MERGE SCREEN THE PROGRAM JUST FREEZES & DOES NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING WITH IT. I HAVE TO CTRL,ALT & DEL TO CLOSE THE TMPGEnc.

PLEASE HELP. THANKS

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"00.00.00 TO 01.02.00 WHICH SHOULD GIVE ME FROM THE BEGINING OF THE FILM TO 1 HOUR & 2 MINUTES"

No - that gives you a whopping 1 and 2/100s seconds!

Try moving the slider to the desired end position for creating the first half. After you've saved the first half, return to the window with the video showing and copy the end time to the start time. Then move the slider to the very end of the video and press the right bracket ( "}" ) to enter the end time (It will then say "(Last)" in the right-hand time box.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ABID H
          • Mar 2002

TMPGEnc 0.11.24.107

SORRY WHAT I MEANT TO WRITE WAS 00.00.00 TO 62.02.00, MEANING 1 HOUR AND 2 MINS. I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE AND IT HAS WORKED. I HAVE A WHOLE BUNDLE OF FILMS. WHAT IM SAYING IS THAT WHEN I USED IT LAST TIME ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO IT WAS FINE. BUT NOW IT JUST FREEZES AND DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO EDIT THE MOVIE AT ALL. AS SOON AS IM ON THE EDIT SCREEN WHERE IM SUPPOSED TO ENTER START TO HALF WAY IT DOES NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING. THE PROGRAM STOPS WORKING. I'VE DELETED AND REINSTALLED WITH NO LUCK. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY PC BECAUSE IT IS OK ON MY MATES PC.

THANKS ABID

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Too bad, it would have been a simple solution ;>}

Anyway, after you've turned off your CAPS LOCK key (that's referred to as "SHOUTING", which is considered rude), why don't you download and install a more current version of TMPGEnc (together with the required VFAPI companion file)? You're using a REALLY ancient version...

Comment

Working...