Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

need help with svcd

Can someone PLEASE HELP. I have some movies which I have encoded to svcd with tmpgenc. They are too large for 1 cd so I cut them to fit to 2 cds (using tmpgenc calculator). Now I burned them. Okay all 4 movies so far the part 1 discs recorded and play back perfectly. As for all the part 2 discs, not 1 of them will play all the way through. The burning software all show the file will fit on cd and say writing completed successfully. Before I burn them they all play all the way through, but after burning and try playing back on my standalone dvd player they play fine and then just stop anywhere from 5-10 minutes from the end. I don't know what to do or why because all the first parts worked perfectly
    Oh ya burning software I have- Nero, cdmaker professional,and videopack-which is the one I used for first parts but it too shows part 2 as okay but won't play all the way through
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!
  • mh2360
    • Mar 2002

Are you "overburning" the discs, this could be the problem....

Comment

• cheftaz
      • Apr 2002

The converted files are 700 mb or less. Iburn them and on the graphs it says they are only 625 or so and they will fit on my cdr. After it is recorded I explore the cd and it shows the 700 mb file on there. Now when I open up my comp and check cd it says 1.5mb. I don't understand why I could do part 1 but not part 2 even though some of the part 2 files are smaller than part 1

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

in NERO do you burn as a video disc? I think there is a special mpeg 2 plug in you must install.

Alternatively, try Roxio Easy CD Creater Platinum.

Comment

• cheftaz
          • Apr 2002

In Nero I burn as svcd. I have cd creator 5 platinum as well. What the heck might as well reinstall and try that. Very frustrating because I can't figure out WHY Roxio platinum does not support SVCD just vcd mini dvd and dvd
          Last edited by cheftaz; 5 Apr 2002, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• MoRTiS
            • Jan 2002

If you are encoding an entire movie with Tmpeg and using the mpeg tools to cut it to 70 or 80 mins apiece you will have to rencode your split files to get good playback. I have been through this many times when using Nero and EZCD platinum, especially with divx movies. I dont know why you have to reencode but it has worked for me everytime. You could also get an AVI editing tool to cut your movies before you encode it, This can save alot of time with Tmpeg

Comment

Working...