X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cfgauss
    • Apr 2002

PC doesn't read my SVCD but my Standalone player does

Hi there,

I bought a Creative Digital VCR, and was really hard to make an MPEG2 video for a SVCD, but I did it.

My video was encoded with Cinema Craft Encoder at VBR 2500 kbps (2000-2500 kbps), the audio track was encoded with Toolame at 224 kbps 44.1 khz, then both was muxed with BBMpg and I cutted some scenes with Ulead Video Studio 6, which didn't reencode the file, it only cut the undesired scenes. At last I burned the file with Nero 5.5 as SVCD disabling the "standard compliant CD", I guess here's the problem.

My PC refuse to read the CD, Power DVD halts, WinDVD closes, and Windows Media Player does nothing. My surprise was that my standalone DVD player reads the CD perfectly and the quality is amazing, I'm satisfied.

But, why can I do to make my CD compliant with my PC?

By the way, to get a good MPEG2 video I use also DVD2AVI, Aviutil and VFAPI converter, as for the audio Besweet and SSRC. But I think this is not relevant, only if you want to convert Creative's MPEG2 files.
  • cfgauss
    • Apr 2002

Solution

Hi there,

Seems that no one knows what the heck happened, or simply no one is interested in this threat.

But if someone has the same problem I found what happened, it was the final multiplexing with the Ulead Video Studio, cos I cut the undesired scenes with it, but I found that demultiplexing and remultiplexing with TMPGEnc solves the problem, before making the SVCD.

Comment

Working...