X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenno
    • May 2002

VideoCD chop with original quality

I have a VideoCD file on my computer.
    I want to chop it up so that I only have a specific part of the movie as a new file.

How do I save a specific portion of the movie as a file with the original VideoCD quality?
    I tired using VirtualDub 1.4, but because the input is a VideoCD file, I cannot use direct stream copy method (error message).
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

If it is already vcd format just use tmpgenc. either merge/cut or source range
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If you use either of cheftaz' suggested methods with TMPGEnc, make certain to set the mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD"...

Comment

• cheftaz
        • Apr 2002

thanx Setarip - forgot to mention that
        Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• kenno
            • May 2002

Thanx.

Should I use MPEG1-VideoCD or MPEG1-VideoCD (non standard) for the cut tool?

Also, when I play back the cut file using WinMediaPlayer, the picture looks brighter and not as good as when I play the file using VirtualDub.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

If you use either of cheftaz' suggested methods with TMPGEnc, make certain to set the mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD"...

The only thing that counts is how it looks on your television, when you play it on your standalone DVD player...

Comment

Working...