Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Time
    • Jun 2002

Burning VCD

Whenever I try to burn a long avi file to VCD using Nero 5.5.9.0 just as the encoding finish it stops.The operation abort.The video file takes 3 hours to encode but just as the simulation just about to start it stops "Fail opertion".How do I fix this?
    Last edited by Time; 21 Jul 2002, 02:40 PM.
  • primago
    • May 2002

You did not mention how long the AVi movie is.
    Try to shorten your movie down to 60 minutes or less.

3 hrs to encoding is not unusual if the PC is not fast.
    On my 667 MHz Pentium III, It takes 19 (!!!!) hours to covert from avi to mpg with TMPGenc at highest quality and with 2 filters on.
    Just for 60 min. movie!!!!

Comment

• silo99
      • Jul 2002

I think 19 Houres is long time. it took me less on Win XP. The amazing is that with Win 98 it took me about half time than with the XP.
      I tried once to burn VCD from AVI with the Nero - and I left it as fast as I can.
      What filters u use with the TmpgEnc? I try to remove the "TDM" mark on the frame and cann't. u have an idea how to do it?
      Thanks

Comment

• primago
        • May 2002

For a PC with this speed is 19 hrs not unusual. Even I have 512 MB RAM. If I check out the filters and reduce the quality it will be faster.

I always use the filters noise reduction and Ghost reduction in Advance tab . In the Video tab I choose highest quality for Motion search precision.
        The other settings are default, also always use MPEG1 Video-CD and PAL system.

Nero is easy to use. Very straight-away. I notice that if I use a slower speed to burn the quality is better (anyone else has other ideas?). But the quality of it's encoder is much lower than TMPGenc. So I always encode in TMPGenc then, burn with Nero.

I do not understand what you meand by 'TDM' . Where can I see it?

Comment

• silo99
          • Jul 2002

there are signs like tdm smr on thr frames. what i meen is like if u download a TV movie, and u can c the channel number on it.

Comment

• primago
            • May 2002

The only solution I know is to mask it partially or cover it by something else with a video editting program Like Adobe Premiere.
            I have never done this before but I know it is possible.

Good luck!

Comment

• nobilia28
              Suspended
              • Aug 2002

You can use TMPGEnc to convert avi files then you can use Nero to burn them to vcd .
              Why not have a try .

Comment

Working...