Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tsubasa
    • Jul 2002

Problems DivX -> VCD

i've dowloaded blade 2 in divx format (about 700mb). now i want to make a vcd so that i can play it in my dvd player, but when i open tmpgenc and start encoding, i can only hear the audio and i see a black screen! when i just play the movie using windows media player everything is fine, but when i try to encode it the scrren is black but i can hear the audio. i also tried to open it using virtual dub, but i get the same result: black screen with audio. can anyone help me?

tsubasa
  • chic
    • Jul 2002

Do you have the correct DivX codec installed?

Chic

Comment

• tsubasa
      • Jul 2002

thank you for answering me...i had divx v5 installed...i installed the version 3.11 and it works now!

Comment

• kotecha
        • Jul 2002

I was converting MIB2 DivX - file size over 0.7M, W-640px, H=272px, Audio: bit rate: 144bps, Format Cyberlink MPEG1 Layer-3, Video 23 f/s, Rate: 133bps, Sample:24bit, Video Copression: DivXPPG4 V3. This info from fiel properties.

I used TMPEGenc+, V2.54.

Codecs I have instlalled are V3.11alpha, DivX 4.02, MP43.

I cut the file in batch mode to output to burn into VCD. There is no sound present.

In TMPEGEnc, using the setting, audio, there is no sound.

Can someone help ?

Thaks

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To kotecha

The .MP3 audio is probably in VBR (Variable Bit Rate) format, which TMPGEnc cannot process. It can, however, process CBR (Constant Bit Rate) .MP3 as well as Uncompressed PCM (.WAV) format.

You can convert the audio to either of those two formats by using either NanDub or VirtualDub...

Comment

• kotecha
            • Jul 2002

Hey, Thanks a lot - what you suggested works consistently and doesn't take time on Virtual Dub if the video is not tinckered with.

I very much appreciate the help

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...