Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sthor
    • Dec 2001

Distortion line at bottom of video

I am a beginner at capturing video and have been unable to get an answer for my problem. I am trying to create full screen video, but after I capture I have a distorion line at the bottom of my video. I have used several editting packages and am not pleased with the quality after resizing so I would prefer to eliminate the distortion problem. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro video card and an analog camcorder. I have tried this on all versions of Windows including XP. I have tried three different camcorders all analog, but all different tape formats. I have reviewed several other locals' videos captured using different cards and they have the same issue (though most of them hadn't even noticed). Is my problem the analog/digital conversion? I am willing to get different equipment if that is my problem. I don't want to buy new equipment and not resolve my problem though. Please help me if you will. Thanks, Sthor
  • mjkc
    • Dec 2001

Hi

I don,t think you will have to buy any new equipment. I think the bar you are discribing is normal. This is part of the picture you would not normally see on your TV screen as it is off the edge.

If you are using a AIW try using MMC 7.5 (you can find it on the net if you look hard enough as ATI have not released it yet). This has a function for clipping the video, so removing the distorted bar at the bottom.

Comment

Working...