Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpolo
    • Jul 2002

TMPGenc MPEG2 Cutting\Editing Problem

I'm using a cracked version of TMPGenc 2.57.41.146-Plus and i'm trying to get it to cut my DVDRip MPEG2 movies to fit on my 700mb CD-R's. I tell TMPGenc to cut from 0:00:00 to 30:00min and it cuts 00:00:00 to 30:15 min. So, it cuts an extra 15secs that I didn't specify and it drops the sound out of the extra 15 secs leaving me with not only 15 secs on unwanted video, but 15 secs of unwanted soundless video.

Also, I noticed that the counter that I set my range on (00:00:00 to 30:00) is not sync-ing with the video slide counter because it will read 1 sec less than the range counter. So, if the range counter reads 30:00 min the video slide counter will read 29:59 min.

I'm totally frazzled. Everything use to work perfect until now. I've tried downloading other versions of TMPGenc but every version has had this same problem. I also updated my direct x from 8.0a to 8.1 because I saw someone else mentioned that as a solution in the forum but nothing has worked so far.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you're using the main screen's "Advanced" tab "Source Range", try using the File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut instead...

Comment

• dpolo
      • Jul 2002

Thanx, but I'm already using that the tab you pointed me to.

-Polo

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Then try the alternative (I mentioned two distinctly different approaches)...

Comment

• dpolo
          • Jul 2002

Thanx for the help I ended up going a different route.

I opened TMPG and goto mpeg tools and then went into simple demultiplex and split the mpg into m1v(video) and mp2(sound).

Then I downloaded bbmpeg and let it do all the work splitting the files for me. It takes me a few more steps to get the mpeg2 split but bbmpg now allows me to get more info on one disk (60 to 65 min instead of 40 min) and it also beefed up my sound so, i don't get tinny audio anymore.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Whatever works!

"Thanx for the help"

My pleasure ;>}

(By the way, there's no reason TMPGEnc will limit a conforming VCD to 40 minutes. You can readily put 60 minutes to 70 minutes on a 74 minute/650Meg CD-R. Perhaps you're thinking of Super Video CD format)

Comment

Working...