Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • river
    • Sep 2002

DVD==>SVCD lockup

Im using CladDVD XP to rip my vob files from the dvd disc to HD. From there I use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to convert the .d2v file and the wav file to SVCD at 1966-2520(CBR). But there is a problem, you see... my system keeps freezing abnormally. It starts encoding then at 1-3 % completion, it just freezes. Could I be into problems with hardware or configuration. Im using the CloneAD tute for "grabbing DVD to VCD" and I have no success. I just recently reformatted my system too so there is not much stuff in it.

I was using an ATI 64MB DDR Radeon 7000 Card so I switched to my old one NVIDIA TNT2 32MB Mach64 and still the system freezes. Since there were 8 vob files, I split all into 4 folders.

Folder_Part1 Holding vob_1&2 - own .wav file & .d2v file
    Folder_Part2 Holding vob_3&4 - own .wav file & .d2v file
    Folder_Part2 Holding vob_5&6 - own .wav file & .d2v file
    Folder_Part4 Holding vob_7&8 - own .wav file & .d2v file

I did this because I thought by having 8 files to work with including a 1.9gb .wav file might be too much for the system. So I wanted it to have some slack by giving it chucks of files then just Merging & Cutting at the end to form a 3-disc set.

System Specs
    ===========
    AMD Athlon 1.10ghz
    512MB RAM
    ATI 64MB radeon 7k or NVIDIA TNT2 32MB
    Sound Blaster PCI Live Value
    AverTV Studio Card
    IBM 40GB 7200rpm ATA 100

If you have any ideas of what I could do to have a successful rip please feel free to email me or just reply to the post. Thanks all for reading.
  • river
    • Sep 2002

hmm...

I really don't know whether its my system or something. Because I tried vcd and still there was no success. If anyone has just a slight idea please don't hesitate to post.

Comment

Working...