• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoWbOyPoEt
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

Problem Converting AVI to VCD.

I am trying to convert an .AVi to a VCD but keep getting errors. I have DIVX 3,4,and 5 installed and still no luck. TMPGEnc will not let me load the avi for sound, only for video. And when I try to convert the sound in VirtualDub, I also get errors. I will attach here both the error from TMPGEnc, and the error from Virtual Dub. I will also attach a shot of the file inofrmation from VirtualDub..

Maybe someone has an idea..

Thanks in Advance...
    Attached Files
    AMD 2800 Barth
    1024 Gig DDR Ram
    NVidea G-Force 5600 Pro 128 MB
    Onboard sound
    2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
    lite-On LTR 16102 B
    lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

The file contains AC3 audio. I am unsure, however TMPGenc may not be able to process it. You can convert the ac3 audio to mp3.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Batman's speculation is correct - TMPGEnc won't accept .AC3 audio for VCD conversion. You'll have to convert the audio to .WAV format

**IMPORTANT - VirtualDub v.1.4AC3 is a specific MODIFIED version of VirtualDub!

Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub v1.4C-AC3, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and select (under "File") "Save .WAV/.AC3" - and save as .AC3 (IMPERATIVE to save as .AC3!).

Despite the fact that .AC3 file extracted using VDub-AC3 doesn't play properly, PX3AC3Converter will do a perfect job of converting it to .WAV format.

You can then load the original .AVI and the .WAV file into TMPGEnc for creation of a VCD.

Let us know of your success ;.}

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2002

Ok, I found and downloaded the program called PX3AC3Converter. But I cannot download the program called
        VirtualDub v1.4C-AC3. I find a few links, but they are all broken links.. Ill keep looking..
        And thanx again...
        AMD 2800 Barth
        1024 Gig DDR Ram
        Onboard sound
        2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
        lite-On LTR 16102 B
        lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2002

OK, I found it. I converted it using Vdub to ac3 and then using the other program I then converted the ac3 to wav. loaded both in TMGEnc just to find out that the video was all messed up, I only see garbled squiggly colored lines all over the place..
          One other question though if I may..
          WHen using the program to convert the ac3 to a wav, I cannot choose to save as 44100, only as 48000. Does this matter? Will TMPGEnc convert the 48000 to 4100 automatically for a pal vcd?

Just curious..

Thanx again .....
          AMD 2800 Barth
          1024 Gig DDR Ram
          Onboard sound
          2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
          lite-On LTR 16102 B
          lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Will TMPGEnc convert the 48000 to 4100 automatically for a pal vcd?"

Just click on the "Audio" tab and change the setting to 44,100Hz...

Comment

Working...