Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mnemonic
    • Sep 2002

Vobs to MPEG-2 (SVCD)

I should really know this but does anyone know of a ripper/encoder which can create SVCD's straight from the Vob's ie. bypassing encoding to a .avi first THEN converting to the MPEG-2 compatible SVCD file. This would save time and surely keep to a high quality rip.
    I know using the Panasonic BBMEPG encoder in FlaskMPEG can output straight to MPEG but a) this is NOT a VCD compatible stream (will need re-encoding) and b) it takes so gaddamn long!

Any Thoughts??
  • river
    • Sep 2002

hmm...

I dont think they have any existing except for one I see advertised while I use my yahoo mail which by the way you have to buy also. I use CladDVD XP together with TMPGEnc 2.55 and thats all I need to go from DVD to SVCD though my system freezes all the time. I still haven't figured out what the problem is. Hopefully, i have been of help to you.

river

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) The Panasonic and BBMPEG encoders are two different plugins

2) I assume you meant "SVCD-compatible" (since your caption refers to SVCD) and not VCD

3) Both of the encoders you've mentioned (as well as the LSX plugin) certainly DO have the ability to generate conforming SVCDs (as well as VCDs, MPEG1s, and MPEG2s) from within Flask - just make certain that you've set the resolution and video frames per second to conforming parameters...

Comment

• Mnemonic
        • Sep 2002

I stand corrected Setarip, I must admit I HAVE generated Mpegs from Flask but was not aware that you could just burn them straight to CD as a SVCD without some other prior "tweaking" of the header.
        I also have to say it takes a hell of along time to create an Mpeg from Flask through the Panasonic plug in (24+ hrs on my PIII 1Ghz) as opposed to an Avi (5-6hrs) am I doing something wrong here?.
        I have tried drag/dropping an avi from within Nero5.5 with the Mpeg 2 plug in and this seems to take an eternity as well, understandably tho due to the internal conversion I guess.
        Would you say it is better to encode to avi THEN convert to MPEG (svcd) or is there a drop in quality by doing this.

Thanks to previous replies from all

Comment

• river
          • Sep 2002

my system keeps freezing. Anyone have any idea why? im using TMPGEnc 2.55 and CladDVD XP 1.3. While encoding from .d2v and .wav file using TMPGEnc it just freezes. Even if the output is VCD or SVCD.

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Apr 2002

laod the vob file directly into DVD2SVCD and let it go to work. Start the program and go to sleep. WHen you wake up, you will have an excellent svcd...
            AMD 2800 Barth
            1024 Gig DDR Ram
            NVidea G-Force 5600 Pro 128 MB
            Onboard sound
            2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
            lite-On LTR 16102 B
            lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

• Mnemonic
              • Sep 2002

Upside down Avi

Does anyone know what causes FlaskMpeg to create upside down .Avi's, I have heard of this problem before but never experienced it until trying to encode on my 2nd PC.

Comment

• river
                • Sep 2002

When you install G400 Filter if you do not have G400 graphic cards
                and Bicubic Resizer Filter. Usually come with codec packages like Nimo 5

Comment

Working...