Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chakotay2
    • Dec 2001

TPMG is just not fun! Please help.

I have made several SVCD MPG2 files and found many of them do not use the whole screen. Some "appear" to be widescreen or not go all the way to the left or right side of the screen. Sometimes it appears this way when played in Windows Media Player, and sometimes they seem pretty normal when played. I am using TMPG and figuring out the constant bitrate (between 1500 and 2500 always) and playing on a Pioneer DV444. I have a non-big screen tv and so widescreen isn't a great option. I don't think these movies are All originally wide screen, although some may be. I have read all the FAQ's and guides here and just am not quite getting it. Please help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

DO NOT BASE YOUR CONCLUSIONS UPON THE APPEARANCE UNDER THE WIN MEDIA PLAYER! It does not interpret all sizing configurations properly.

Burn an SVCD and see how it appears on your screen. You may find that your concerns are for nought!

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• chakotay2
      • Dec 2001

Yes, that is very true...however many which I burn are also not filling the whole screen. And I have plenty of coasters already. I am looking f or specific settings in TMPG which seem to work better... I would hope it's not just trial an miss...

Allen

Happy Christmas!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Use settings of 352x288 for both the "Video" and "Advanced" tabs.

Depending on where you are, use:

"Aspect Ratio" settings of 4:3 (NTSC) or 4:3 [704x480](NTSC) under the "Advanced" tab and 4:3 525 line (NTSC) under the "System" tab

OR

the equivalent PAL settings

Alternatively (as long as you are consistent) you can use the 16:9 settings under both tabs.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• chakotay2
          • Dec 2001

Okay, I have been told to use 480X480... also, how about the Full Screen, keep aspect, center, etc... option?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Center - "Custom Size"

Comment

• chakotay2
              • Dec 2001

So what size do I select? Does it change from movie to movie? How will I know what to put?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

No matter what size TMPGEnc INITIALLY shows, change it (as I said previously) to 352x288 under both the "Video" and "Advanced" tabs.

Comment

Working...