Fit a 85 minute video on a 80 minute VCD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdfarr
    • Nov 2002

Fit a 85 minute video on a 80 minute VCD?

A number of the videos that I make into VCDs run just over 80 minutes. Although Nero will do a short overburn, I frequently get the end credits chopped off. Is there a way to change the time scale of a video file so that it plays back at a slightly faster speed, and then fits easily on the 80 minute media?

Thanks. This board has been a great help in working thru my digital video learning process.
  • HaroldW
    • Nov 2002

If your movie file is already a VCD compliant MPEG, you could use VCDEasy.

VCDEasy will allow for about an 830mb file (on a 80min/700mb mode-1 CD) with overburn (provided your CD Writer supports overburn.) If you want to try VCDEasy you may have to install the ForceASPI drivers to get the CD burning portion (CDRDAO) to work.

Comment

• rdfarr
      • Nov 2002

Thanks, but my question was related to the possibility of changing the time scale of a movie so it would fit on a 80 minute VCD. Can a movie be speeded-up slightly?

Comment

• HaroldW
        • Nov 2002

If you are using Nero to encode, and don't want to use overburn at all, I don't know of any way to do this.

If you are using a separate program to encode to a VCD compliant MPEG and then just using Nero to "burn" the VCD, than in that other encoding program you may be able to change the video bitrate to allow the video to entirely fit on one CD. VCD has a "fixed" video bitrate of 1150 kbits/s. Lowering the video bitrate would allow it to fit, but then it would no longer meet the VCD standard and therefore technically be an XVCD. There is a very good chance it would still play on your DVD player

Comment

• sneglen
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Oct 2002

"changing the time scale of a movie"

2 reasons why not.

1. You will have to change the FPS to get it to run faster and that is not possible if you want to burn a VCD again becuase it has to be either 25PAL, 23.97NTSC, or 29.97NTSC and if they are faster they will probably not work with your standalone DVD player, IF you are able to burn them as a VCD

2. You will have to reencode the entire movie because the Audio will be out of sync if you change the FPS of the movie

If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

Working...