Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acheron
    • Dec 2002

Quck Question - Re: DVD2SVCD

Is there a way to stop Dvd2svcd splitting the movie into cd size files when encoding ?

I wanted to end up with one big file so i could then split it myself, rather then have pt1 end halfway through a scene in the film.

greetz Acheron
  • HaroldW
    • Nov 2002

I haven't done this, but you should be able to do this by manipulating the values on the bitrate tab.

I suggest you try:

1. Go to the row that includes the time length of your movie.

2. Decide on a combined CD size, like maybe 1600mb and manually enter it.

3. Run DVD2SVCD as usual.

Comment

• pgroves
      • Jan 2003

Assuming you're able to create one big file - how do you then split it? What tools would you use to do this?

regards

Paul

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To split, use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD" if making a VCD. Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Comment

• pgroves
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by setarip
          To split, use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD" if making a VCD. Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box.
          Can you do a similar thing for MPEG-2 SVCDs? I have TMPGEnc Plus (registered)?

thanks

Paul

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Can you do a similar thing for MPEG-2 SVCDs? I have TMPGEnc Plus (registered)?"

Yes - Just make certain to set the mode to "MPEG2-SuperVideoCD" (instead of "MPEG1-VideoCD")...

Comment

Working...