X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rusomadonnadvd
    • Dec 2002

Putting Subtitles (*.sub) to a MPG or VCD

Hello, I'm in a trouble.
    I want to put subitles (*.sub )in mpg or vcd format and record it on a cd to watch the movie with subtitles in my DVD Player. How can I do it and which program alow this?

Please Help me I don't want to wath movies on my PC but I need the subtitles!!

Antonio's Madonna Light
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

As far as I know, the MPEG1-VideoCD standards do not support subtitiles...

Comment

• rusomadonnadvd
      • Dec 2002

Yes, But...

OK, I know the VCD don't support the sub files, but what im looking is that there's gotta be a program that combines DivX Avi or VCD MPG with the subtitles to create a new mpg file WITH subtitles so then i can burn it on cd's understand? do you know a program like this?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

if you are creating (not downloading) an .AVI file from a ripped COMPLETE DVD, use Flask for the conversion. Select "Open DVD" and you'll be able to select not only the main video's .IFO, but the language choice (if any) and the PERMANENT subtitle choice. Using Flask in this fashion will yield a video with the subtitles as a permanent part of the video - and perfectly synchronized...

If, however, you are referring to files you've downloaded, I'm sure another poster with knowledge pertinent to your question will show up in due time...

Comment

• rusomadonnadvd
          • Dec 2002

Thanks, "But" again...

Hello, I know how to put subtitles to a mog or avi movie if i rip it from a DVD, but If i download the movie and subtitle?...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

As I said, "If, however, you are referring to files you've downloaded, I'm sure another poster with knowledge pertinent to your question will show up in due time..."

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

if you feel like doing a little "legwork" yourself, I'd suggest you click on "Search" at the top of this page and type "Burn subtitles" - you may get a pleasant surprise ;>}

Comment

• Pirat Dick
                • Dec 2002

@rusomadonnadvd

Is your problem solved, cause i want to do the same thing.

I have some movies in mpeg format and i want to have subtitels on them.

I am new in this, so any help vill be great.

Plz. if you find out of something, let me know.

Regards
                Dick

Comment

• sneglen
                  Platinum Member
                  Platinum Member
                  • Oct 2002

You need to get VirtualDub and then the filter called SubVob and TMPEnc to reencode the movie

VdDub (http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...irtualdub.html)
                  VobSub (http://www.divx-digest.com/software/vobsub.html)
                  TMPEnc (http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...s/tmpgenc.html)

Install all and when installing VobSub make sure that you under plugins check TextSub for VirtualDub

When you have installed all three things you need to open the directory that VDub is installed in and run "Auxsetup.exe" and press "Install Handler" then restart your PC

You open your MPEG file in VDub and choose: "Filters-->Add-->TextSub-->Open" Choose your subtitle file, and press OK

you can choose different Fonts and colours under "styles".

When you have made sure it looks OK and the subs isn't out of Sync choose "File-->Start frame server" and press "Start" then choose where you want the file and remember to write "Filename.VDR" the Vdr is importent or else TMPEnc will not know it can use the file. Press OK and move on to TMPEnc

Choose the correct "Projekt" when starting TMPEnc and then open the VDR file and press Encode.

If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

• Pirat Dick
                    • Dec 2002

I vill try this, and get back to you.

Thx for your help

Regards
                    Dick

Comment

Working...