Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kinzy
    • Jan 2002

Vob to Mpeg, No Avi's

I have had great success with the following method & programs and i'm interested to know whether anybody else has tried it this way.

Smartripper 2.41 - Rip to Vob chapters

V-strip Gui - Strip first half of chapters to new Vob, name it *_01.vob, Rip second half of chapters to new Vob, name it *_02.vob (Which chapters are first half and which are second is dependant on file size and convenient split point, you decide)

TMPGen 2.02 - Open Vobs and convert them to Mpeg 1 - Video cd play around with setting as you would. I use a bitrate of 1500 rather 1150 (Much better quality, if your player will support it, mines a DAEWOO 2200 it plays anything)

To open Vobs in TMPGen you must have POWER DVD Installed as the codec enables decoding of the Vobs files.

After producing these Mpeg files use VCD Imager GUI to produce bin & cue files to burn Vcd using NERO.

To burn to disk open NERO and select Burn Image from the file menu, Then select All files for file name and load the cue file, then burn baby, burn!

This way you don't need Avi files.
    the only downside is the volume level is low but I live with that.

Please tell me if anyone has tried it this way.
  • eagleeye
    • Dec 2001

i have tryed it whit avi
    the sound is not bad but
    the movie is a bit blury
    is it better the way you did it?

Comment

• RueGorE
      • Jan 2002

Are you talking about the program TMPGEnc or something else?
      If so, how exactly do you get it to open VOB files, as I already have PowerDVDxp 4.0 installed.

--RueGorE

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
        • Nov 2001

i have done that..i dont have power dvd...i simply ripped using smart ripper and put the vob straight into tmpg and encoded..(dont ask me how but it works)also pumped the volume under " advanced" then " audio effect"..i still prefer to use dvd2avi first but you only need to save it as a project which is a virtual avi it only takes a few minutes to rip and another few minutes to save project but same time to encode with tmpg.
        john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

Working...