X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uNxCaE
    • Feb 2003

Help, can't convert it to svcd

this is what I did:
    Downloaded a movie (2 *.avi, avg 70min per .avi)
    Xvid + ac3
    opened virtualdub, saved as wav(but actually ac3) both audio files and then converted it to mp2 (from ac3).
    frameserved both movie files (each at a time) to TMPGENC (to add subtitles).
    then, since I wanted to convert to svcd, I had to split the 2 movie files in 3.
    Did that.
    All 3 files came out allright.
    the movies quality is still great and I can open all 3 movies (play)
    but when I try to open with tmpgenc, to finally convert it to svcd, it says can't open or unsupported.
    Also tried mpeg corrector, it corrects successfully but tmpgenc still does not accept it.

What Can I do?

I'm stuck at this last step, I came a long way to stop now
    Last edited by uNxCaE; 12 Feb 2003, 09:02 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) "opened virtualdub, saved as wav(but actually ac3) both audio files and then converted it to mp2 (from ac3)."

This is an unnecessary (and perhaps problematic) step. TMPGEnc WILL accept .AC3 audiostreams as direct input, if you simply do the following:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

2) "frameserved both movie files (each at a time) to TMPGENC (to add subtitles).
    then, since I wanted to convert to svcd, I had to split the 2 movie files in 3."

Why don't you simply first JOIN the two .AVIs, using VirtualDub - and then load the joined file into TMPGEnc, convert to SVCD - and then divide the SVCD by using TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Comment

• uNxCaE
      • Feb 2003

when u load a movie on tmpgenc and then u try to convert to vcdc or svcd, tmpengc promps which type of cd u're gonna use to burn it and then it'd make me split the files anyway.. I just splitted them earlier..
      still, what difference does that make??

Comment

• uNxCaE
        • Feb 2003

I did the increase priority thing and tmpgenc won't accept the frameserv file as audio source

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

1) "tmpengc promps which type of cd u're gonna use to burn it"

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking aboout

2) "I did the increase priority thing and tmpgenc won't accept the frameserv file as audio source"

In my previous post, I was suggesting that you NOT use frameserving. To wit:

Why don't you simply first JOIN the two .AVIs, using VirtualDub - and then load the joined file into TMPGEnc, convert to SVCD - and then divide the SVCD by using TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

As with your previous posts, perhaps some other poster (with greater tolerance) will attempt to provide you with more insight...

Comment

• uNxCaE
            • Feb 2003

lol boy chill out.
            a lil stressed are we??

but it's ok i'm using dvd2svcd now, gonna try it a different way.

thanks anyway

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"a lil stressed are we??"

Not at all - just remembering your previous postings ;>}

Comment

Working...