Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwaysblue
    • Jan 2003

sound but no video!!

I have a problem, I split the movie my big fat greek wedding into 2 parts using easy video splitter. Both parts play excellent. Now as usual I extract the audio from each part using VirtualDub and then encode them with TMPGEnc. The first part came out excellent as usual but the second part looses the video after 10 minutes??? The audio is still there and very good but the screen just goes black with no video??? Any suggestions out there????
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I'm curious to understand why you find it necessary to use BOTH or EITHER "easy video splitter" and VirtualDub. What is the audio format?

If it's Constant Bit Rate (CBR) .MP3, the easiest procedure would be to load your original .AVI DIRECTLY into TMPGEnc and process it as "MPEG1-VideoCD".

Then use TMPGEnc as follows, to split the MPEG1-VideoCD file:

This can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• alwaysblue
      • Jan 2003

the audio bitrate is VBR. That is why I use Virtualdub to extract the audio. The audio is not the problem here, the video is the problem....well at least the second half, can I still use your method if the audio is VBR??

Comment

• alwaysblue
        • Jan 2003

Another problem............the video won't load..it's an Xvid

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Now as usual I extract the audio from each part using VirtualDub and then encode them with TMPGEnc. The first part came out excellent as usual but the second part looses the video after 10 minutes???"

"Another problem............the video won't load..it's an Xvid"

You're contradicting yourself with these two statements!

(If you have an Xvid codec installed that shouldn't be a problem.)

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use NanDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
          Load your original .AVI into NanDub
          Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
          Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
          From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and choose "Uncompressed PCM (.WAV)"
          From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
          Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
          Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Open TMPGEnc and "drag and drop" the silent .AVI onto it, then do the same with the .WAV file.
          Last edited by setarip; 17 Feb 2003, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• alwaysblue
            • Jan 2003

very frustrated here........nothing seemed to work!!! TMPGE was unable to load the audio file which I had converted imto wav, even worse TMPGE crashes when I load it!!! I'd like to restart from scratch, I removed the encoding programs and would like suggestions on which ones to use for audio and video. The movies I'm trying to encode so I can burn are My big fat greek wedding and spy kids 2. Both are Xvid files with VBR audio. I have all the codecs needed!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Would you please have the decency to explain your two apparently contradictory statements?

"Now as usual I extract the audio from each part using VirtualDub and then encode them with TMPGEnc. The first part came out excellent as usual but the second part looses the video after 10 minutes???"

"Another problem............the video won't load..it's an Xvid"

Comment

• alwaysblue
                • Jan 2003

ahhhh..........at first the problem was simply that when TMPGE encoded the second half of the movie the video portion would stop after 10 minutes and I had only the audio. I tried nandub later to extract the audio but it wouldn't load into TMPGE. I gave up on it and tried another movie (spykids 2) using my usual method of extracting the audio with Virtualdub and joining it with the video into TMPGE.............this time when I loaded everything and tried to start it to encode in TMPGE......TMPGE would just close....vanish........strange..........I did all my encoding this way in the past without any problems.......my VCD's all came out excellent....in sync!! Now I'm wondering if something went beserk with either one of the programs(TMPGE and/or Virtualdub).

Comment

Working...