X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loka
    • Feb 2003

MPEG2-problem

Hi!

I have a clip that I edited i Avid and then exported as a MPEG2-file.
    I got one videofile .m2v and a soundfile .wav

I would like to burn them to a svcd so I tried to multiplex them in TMPGEnc...
    At first it didnt understand the wavefile so I converted it into a .mp3

Now I get a buffert underrun error and I cant watch the movie with both video and sound!!

Please help me solve this problem....
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i Avid and then exported as a MPEG2-file.
    I got one videofile .m2v and a soundfile .wav"

You appear to be performing unnecessary conversions. Simply load the .AVI into TMPGEnc - and convert to "MPEG2-SuperVideoCD"...

Comment

• Loka
      • Feb 2003

If I export to a AVI I get bad quality compared to MPEG2...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"i Avid and then exported as a MPEG2-file."

"If I export to a AVI I get bad quality compared to MPEG2..."

Aren't you stating that you're starting ("I Avid") with an .AVI file? If so, converting to MPEG2 is not going to improve the quality.

If I'm misunderstanding something, please advise...

Comment

• Loka
          • Feb 2003

Yes I think you are!

I have edited the clip in "Avid Xpress DV" and when I imported it from my DVCam the quality is great.
          When I export to AVI and convert to MPEG2 with TMPGEnc the quality is bad but when I export direct to MPEG2 I get good quality but I cant burn the file because it´s one videofile and one soundfile. I need to make them into ine MPEG-file!!
          There is the problem.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

(Okay, now I understand - "i Avid" didn't mean "I Avi'd", it meant "in Avid Xpress DV"...)

What specific procedures did you use in TMPGEnc to try to create an MPEG2-SuperVideoCD file?

Comment

• Loka
              • Feb 2003

OK!

I exported to MPEG2 and got two files one sound file and one videofile.

In TMPGEnc I chose Multiplex to get one MPEG-file.
              I have also tried to Go by the wizard but no sucess!

If I export as a AVI the quality is alot worse than MPEG2

Can you help me?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Try the following to create an SVCD:

1) Load .m2v file into TMPGEnc (main window) first, then load .WAV file
                2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
                3) Click on "Setting" radio button
                4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG2-SuperVideoCD (VBR)" (from default of "MPEG1")
                5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 480x480, 352x288 or 352x240.
                6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
                7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 480x480, 352x288 or 352x240(Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG2" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality".
                8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)" - Set bitrate to 2,520Kbps
                9) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than approximately 40 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your MPEG2-SuperVideo CD file into two or three (or more) parts. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG2-Super VideoCD (VBR)". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first portion, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second (and third, if necessary) new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Then use NERO only to burn the SVCD (not to create it, which you've already done).

Comment

• Loka
                  • Feb 2003

...I get a error again.
                  Not enough memory...

Comment

• gd_nimrod
                    • Nov 2002

Make sure not to have any other unnecessary programs running while you convert, and just be sure to have plenty of hard drive space.
                    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
                    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
                    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Loka
                      • Feb 2003

This is very strange.....no programs running and 28Gb free. Still not enough memory!

Comment

Working...