Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dai
    • Sep 2002

Can anyone help me with LSX?

I just started trying to learn encoding today and came across the LSX-MPEG Encoder program. While I understand learning how to use this is going to take some time, and I'm encountering a number of problems I don't understand there is one big one: it stops encoding before the end of the AVI is reached.

One the main screen, while it shows the number of frames the AVI has, when it starts the encoding, it shows something like x 0f 2000 with x being the current number it's o. Wy is it showing 2000 when the program itself says that there are 21256 frames to it?

Anyways, I know I have a lot to learn and try to master, but I'm stumbling over this problem right now.

Can anyone help?

Dai
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

use the easier and more satisfatory TMPGEnc, or TMPGEnc plus. They do the best in my opinion for vcd, svcd, and dvd. It has more features (at least the ones that you need and the pro stuff)
    It includes a cool wizard that I like to use.
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Is it possible that you've obtained a limited demo version?

Comment

• Dai
        • Sep 2002

Well, I went to the site and it said the demo was full-featured for 30 days. 'Course, I guess there could still be some kind of limitation. After I wrote the last post, I tried again, and while the output window showed that it went the same distance, when I went to play the file, it was very short, so that's a new wrinkle.

I guess one thing that attracted me to using it was the promise of speed and quality, but seemingly ease of use, but I will work with TMPG more to see how that works out.

Dai

Comment

• chickeneater
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2002

when encoding, usually speed and quality don't work together. Either lose quality and have speed, or gain quality and lose speed.
          FFDShow filters

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

If you want both speed and quality go for CCE, at a cost of about $2000 USD.

Comment

• Dai
              • Sep 2002

Well, I started this morning with TMPGEnc and it looks like it's going to take @ 4.5 hours to encode Evangelion 2 to mpeg, so I can live with that if it works.

Does it affect the encode, other than time wise, if I do anything else on the computer at the same time, like play Solitaire, or surf the web?

Dai

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

I don't think there should be any problem with playing solitare or running other applications, aside from an increase in encoding time.

Is the 4.5 hr time period for encoding to vcd or svcd?

Comment

• Dai
                  • Sep 2002

SVCD, although now that I think about it, I'm not sure I should have gone that route instead of VCD. Any suggestions?

Dai

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

SVCD encoding typically takes longer than vcd encoding, but usually affords higher quality as well. It all depends on what quality you want, and the resolution and quality of the original.

Comment

• Dai
                      • Sep 2002

I've seen the difference betweent eh two when it comes to a tv show, but I'm not sure about anime. Oh well, it will take time to find out, but I guess I have it.

Dai

Comment

• chickeneater
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Batman
                        If you want both speed and quality go for CCE, at a cost of about $2000 USD.
                        so can I encode with the trial version? I can't seem to get much out of it. less options than tmpgenc and I only get a 2 byte ecl file...?
                        FFDShow filters

Comment

• Batman
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2002

I think you can encode with the trial version (though I'm not sure about what limitations it may have). Check out the CCE website for a full comparison and details.

The doom9.org "getting the most out of cce" encoding guides should be useful, you might want to take a look at them.

Comment

Working...