X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cool400
    • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc "ACM Error"

I NEED HELP !!!

I've ripped the movie "Pearl Harbor" with Gordian Knot 0.21/0.22 Update to an DivX-".AVI"-File with a size of 1.4GB - and it's great, everything works fine !

Now I've got two problems:

The bigger one is, that when using TMPGEnc for enconding the DivX-movie to VCD/PAL (and after that splitting it with TMPGEnc to fit on 3 VCDs), every time i press the "Start"-Button the message "The Error occured when ACM was initialized." pops up

I have no idea, what's the reason for this error...

The second problem is, when i want to split the DivX-Movie - using VirtualDub - in two parts (using "Direct Stream Copy"), the sound is starting normal but the video is "stuttering" and out of sync...

I read an article about syncing it with virtual dub, but THIS seems to be impossible, because the differnce between sound an video sync is too big

So is there another possibility to split an DivX-".AVI"-File ?

Please HELP me

CU

Cool400
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What sound format does the .AVI have?

Comment

• Cool400
      • Jan 2002

TMPEGEnc error

The sound format is VBR-MP3, choosen in Gordian Knot !

But I decoded so sound also back with VirtualDub, but it's the same error...

???

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"The sound format is VBR-MP3, choosen in Gordian Knot ! "

I don't believe either TMPGEnc or VirtualDub will properly handle a file with Variable Rate MP3 audio.

"But I decoded so sound also back with VirtualDub, but it's the same error..."

I don't understand what you mean by this. What you need to accomplish is to either reconvert the audio to uncompressed (PCM) format - or, if you still have the ripped DVD on your system, extract the sound anew - again, as uncompresssed (PCM) audio.

You can then multiplex the audio with the video under VirtualDub and then change the audio to whatever compression formats are available under VirtualDub.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Cool400
          • Jan 2002

Yes, I did so, I converted the sound back to PCM by using VirtualDub with "Audio/Full processing mode" and "Video/Direct Stream Copy"...

So the ".AVI"-File got two times the normal size (1GB instead of 500MB) but the error is still the same !!!

HELP !!!!!!

Comment

Working...