Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c2scarlet
    • Dec 2001

video jumpy

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I am reasonably new at ripping dvd's to vcd and everytime I try and convert one it plays back very jumpy on the tv, just like when I play it back on dvd2avi.

I have been using smartripper v2.3.6 to rip, then dvd2avi v1.76 for the sound.

Then to convert I have been using tmpgenc 12a v2.01.30.116 core v1.79.115 and the same to cut into two, then using Nero to burn to cd.

My computer is a P2 350 with a 30gig hard drive and 196 megs of memory, I am also runnning windows me.

I have tried using flaskmpeg to convert, but when it gets to 50% of the audio it tells me that flaskmpeg has caused an error in flasmpeg and has to close. It also take nearly 24 hours to convert using flaskmpeg, whereas it takes 18 hours to convert when using tmpgenc.

I am in the UK, so am using PAL at 25fps. What I have noticed is that when I load the vob files and make a note of the screen size etc, it tells me that the fps is 80 which doesn;t make sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have ripped Rush Hour 2 to my computer and am itching to convert it so that I can watch it.

Thanks

Scarlet
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The first thing you should determine is at what stage of your separate processes the jumpiness set in:

1) When you first create a silent .AVI?

2) When you add sound?

3) When you convert it to MPEG1-VideoCD format?

4) When you burn it as a VCD to a CD-R?

Comment

• c2scarlet
      • Dec 2001

I have used Smartripper to rip the dvd to vob files, is there anyway, I can check these to see if they are jumpy.

Thanks

Scarlet

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If you have a software DVD player installed (e.g. WinDVD, Power DVD, etc.).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• c2scarlet
          • Dec 2001

Hi again

I have just played the first vob back and powerdvd and it is jumpy. What programme can I use instead of smartripper to rip the dvd and is there anyway I can alter these vobs as I haven't seen the film yet and have leant the dvd to my friend who lives away.

Also is there anway I can alter the vcd's I have already put on cd

Thanks

Scarlet

Comment

• Spider1dpr
            • Dec 2001

Video Jumpy

An Email has been sent to you from Spider1drp.

Let use know how you made out.

DPR

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

c2scarlet

"Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" (Rhett Butler to Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind) - Just kidding, of course!

You can use Clad (I prefer the older, totally reliable v.1.71)

"Also is there anway I can alter the vcd's I have already put on cd"

Not unless they are on R/W CDs (as opposed to burn one time only CD-Rs).

Comment

• c2scarlet
                • Dec 2001

Thanks for your replies guys and I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but my father is in hospital, and I have been there a lot the past week or so.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand, I can't find clad v1.71, so any ideas where I can download it??

And also, I have the vobs on my hard drive, is there anyway I can change them so that they are not jumpy???

Thanks

Scarlet

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Hope you're Dad's doing well.

You're really "pushing it" with regard to your system. the CPU is probably gasping trying to handle the overhead requirements.

Regarding Clad v.1.71 - Do a Google search. I'm sure it's floating around somewhere in the ether ;>}
                  Last edited by setarip; 18 Jan 2002, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...