Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salatag7
    • Apr 2003

I'm new. I need direction. JPG to MPEG

Okay, I'm new here, so any extra info or help will be greatly appreciated. And keep in mind I use Windows XP Pro when you suggest programs and such.

Here's what I want to do. I simply (LOL) want to take some JPG files (of various sizes) and make a video slide show. I want each picture to show for like 4 or 5 seconds. I don't care exactly what format it's in as long as it's a common video format that Windows Media Player can play. I'm thinking MPEG or AVI or something. What programs can do this? The easier to use, the better, since I'm new to video editing. I don't suspect I'll want to learn anything too advanced, but I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers. Thanks.
  • lroyb
    • Apr 2003

Hi

Have u tried Ulead Video Studio.

I created one for my daughters 1st birthday. its quite simple.

1) import all the pics into the media gallery

2) drop them onto the timeframe

3) select desired frame duration

4) include any voiceovers/background music

5) select any frame transitions

6) encode to any encoder format that u have installed on ur system.

7) burn to VCD for playback on standalone DVD player or Divx for high quality

lroyb

Comment

• salatag7
      • Apr 2003

Thanks, it works well. But, the file sizes are coming out WAY too big. Is there a way to set seconds per frame rather than frames per second. There's no reason to have so many frames with just a picture slideshow.

Comment

• lroyb
        • Apr 2003

Hi again

As for the file sizes, edit the template that your working with, and change the compression type to divx (www.divx.com just incase), thay will sort out the file size.

As for the seconds per frame, yes it's possible, you need to select the duration in seconds per pic, the one that i created had 400 pics and 3 movie clips on it, each pic lasted 5 seconds with a 1.5 second transition effect in-between each pic. the movies were about 3 mins each.

The overall file size (for an mpeg) was about 600mb, plenty to fit onto a VCD.

Comment

• salatag7
          • Apr 2003

Duration in seconds per pic doesn't mean that the movie itself plays a single frame for seconds. While the pic is showing, frames are zipping by, which is totally unnecessary.

Comment

• lroyb
            • Apr 2003

No sorry my mistake, it's not possible to have any movie with a varible frame rate, as they have to be either 23.976, 25 or 29 for a movie to be NTSC or PAL, but varible frame rates arn't possible.

sorry on that score.

Comment

• salatag7
              • Apr 2003

Hmm, okay well I'll just lower it to the bottom, and install Divx (once again, cause it's not showing up in the list).

Comment

• lroyb
                • Apr 2003

Hi

The Divx doesn't show up, you need to create a custom template, or modify your surrent template.

just outta curiosity which version of Ulead Video Studio are u using?

lroyb

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Blaze Media Pro can easily generate such a slideshow for you, including allowing you to determine the number of seconda each frame is displayed...

Comment

• salatag7
                    • Apr 2003

Blaze media sucked. The Ulead proggy is a lot better. Thanks anyways.

Okay, I looked, and I can't quite figure out how to do the Divx thing in Ulead. Can you take me step by step? I'm using version 7. Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"Blaze media sucked. The Ulead proggy is a lot better."

To each his own. (I've obtained wonderful results using Blaze MediaPro)...

Comment

• salatag7
                        • Apr 2003

Maybe I had no clue how to use it, but I managed to make a movie from Blaze Media. I put in all the pictures, but a couple of them ended up out of order, which it wouldn't let me fix. It didn't let me put in an audio file. Also, it would only let me put it down to 1 fps. I watched the finished movie, and it didn't even show all the pics. The timing fluctuated, and it cut off prematurely. It was all messed up in every way. LOL

Comment

• lroyb
                          • Apr 2003

Hi

To use the Divx codec in version 7.

goto file, project properties.

In the lower half select Microsoft AVI files, then click on edit.

Select the AVI tab, and in the compression drop down box, select the divx codec version that ur intending on using, and in the audio format, select the desired audio format, ie mp3.

hope that this helps ya

lroyb

Comment

• jobee
                            • Feb 2003

I think you can try Photo2VCD Professional (http://www.photo2vcd.com). It can transfer your JPEG slide show into a MPEG-1/MPEG-2 format video file or burn on a CD so that you can play it on your DVD player. You can also use it to add transition effects and background music for your slide show.

Comment

• flabbi
                              • Apr 2003

You can also use Ulead Media Studio.There you can put in pics,videos,audios ..that all separate -and you also can mixdown a veeeeery nice own video because this prog has some special effects which you can put between your pics.A must try

Comment

Working...