Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • candyman
    • Jan 2002

Jerkiness in panning AVI to VCD

Ive been searching the forum high and low and reading many a guide but have yet to find the solution to my problem. Ive converted 100's of DIVX AVI's to VCD but recently ive noticed it jerks in panning shots, i.e a lot of movement on screen. I convert the AVI to 44.100 audio uncompressed in VDUB, then load into TMPGEnc and convert it to VCD. When i have the finished MPEG it plays jerky on the PC and is the same on the DVD player. I can upload a 15 second sample somewhere and give you a link if anyone thinks it will help. Ive been mucking about with frame rates and various other settings but cant seem to eliminate it. The source AVI's are all generally 23.976, I put them into a PAL video size (im in the UK) and keep the 23.976 and it has worked fine.....until now. Ive tried making a pure NTSCfilm vcd, but still with the jerkiness and also a normal NTSC. All i can think is that recently a lot of films are apearing in XVID, could this be somthing to do with it ?!?! any help would be apreciated thanks.
  • neiljay6
    • Apr 2003

I don't know if this will help any ..but it works for me!!
    I think your prob is similar to the one I had a few weeks ago.

When I was converting a divx/avi file to a mpeg2 file (using Tmpgenc 2.5 plus) , at various points in the movie there would be alot of jerkyness that lasted for a few seconds. After lots of experimenting I finnally tried inverse telecine.. After that the mpeg2 file played back as smooth as a baby's bottom. I have not tried the mpeg2 file in standalone DVD players as yet though, so I'm not sure how it will play.

here are my setting:

Original file- Type: avi
    Framerate: 23.975

Output file - Converted with Tmpgenc 2.5 plus
    Filters: Inverse telecine
    Type: mpeg2
    Output Framerate: 29.970
    Video source type: non-interlace(progressive)
    Source aspect ratio: 16:9 525 line
    motion searh precision: high quaility

Comment

• candyman
      • Jan 2002

Cheers for the help, unfourtunatly its not helped it doesnt only do it on panning shots, its just more noticable, it does it about every 10 seconds or so. I reinstalled the codec as i think it might not be anything to do with the settings in TMPGenc because it used to be fine. Any ideas? somthing to do with the environmental settings maybe?

Comment

• candyman
        • Jan 2002

Just played the mpeg in Vdub and notice that there are duplicate frames, hence the jerkiness, it must be somthing to do with it being XVID, any ideas?

Comment

• kennycapes
          • Apr 2003

AVI to VCD help

candyman. I am new to VCDs and want to convert a avi film i have to play on my DVD player.

What are the procedures for converting a single AVI file to VCD.

Cheers

Dunc

Comment

• candyman
            • Jan 2002

FIXED IT!!! it was because i had Directshow multimedia set at too higher prority in tmpgenc. I must have done it to get over XVID crashing tmpgenc and forgotten/ didnt realise it would have this effect.

Comment

• candyman
              • Jan 2002

kennycapes, if you mail me direct i'll talk you through it coz im nice.

Comment

Working...